• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VOCALOID VOCALOID6

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
I hope so too. Some of the Beta 2.0 samples I've heard were really good and made me really optimistic for Vocaloid, where I've been kind of disappointed in V6. That said, some friends who got the beta let me know that they really only sound improved like that in their ideal range and fall off pretty fast outside of it... But I can take that. Using them within their range is better than a meh sound in all ranges 😅

I found it odd that Beta's 2.0 came so close to its announced end-of-life, so hopefully that means it'll be coming to V6 soon? Idk

Vector

Passionate Fan
Mar 6, 2022
Since nobody got it yet, version 6.3.2 of the V6 editor was released earlier in March. Just minor bug fixes.

Fixed a bug that delayed the rendering process on macOS Sonoma

Fixed a bug that prevented editing lyrics under certain conditions
Definitely excited to hear an early preview of Gumi Solid. I'm hoping to also hear something in English from Hibiki Koto sooner or later...

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
Neat! Nice to hear a sample. I think she sounds nice so far

Also... Not to bring drama here, but is anyone aware of the stuff going down with Rowen?? There was a demo posted, that was then revealed to have been Vocalochanger'd from Yuma

Mugen put out a statement acknowledging this and saying they outsourced the demo, and that that person used his RVC bank...

And this thread points out that it makes no sense that a random outsourced person would know about and have access to the (discontinued) RVC

So it's just a mess all around. I guess the vsynth fandom was due another scandal... 🙄

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
Right?? I don't even care about the
diaper fetish
thing, whatever, but the other stuff I've heard, plus general attitude and comments to and about other synths and vsynth users... I already didn't like the guy or care to monetarily support the VB. But this really put the icing on the cake...

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
More than using Yuma as the base tuning, which I agree is fine for personal projects but is bad for a demo (and apparently against TOS for official uses), I can't believe they had the gall to use his RVC instead of the actual V6 bank they're marketing! It really is I=Fantasy again, except at least that had SeeU in it as well 💀

blackout

Passionate Fan
Apr 13, 2018
A poor man’s I=Fantasy SeeU, that situation got us an absolute bop at least!! And while super misleading it at least 100% still had Vocaloid SeeU amongst the too loud backing vocals.

I think they’re better off just plain admitting to using SV Yuma with Vocalochanger to be honest, I don’t think anyone is buying this contrived story about a mystery person named after FF14’s Alphinaud (with no online presence at all) being responsible for using a discontinued RVC model for a V6 product demo based on the same voice. Besides, it seems that the person responsible for Rowen had already boasted about working on mixing the demo before… and now the story’s changed? Would’ve been easier to own up to it than to bury this even deeper with a poor explanation.This has been a super messy release even before it was announced as a V6 product :ring_lili:

in more positive news, cool to see Gumi Solid being a thing! The current demo doesn’t really show much but it still seems to be in early development. Hope the final release is a bit more reminiscent of Gumi Power

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
oof, how bad must the V6 bank be or how shody are their tuning skills???
Exactly what I'm thinking! I'm now morbidly curious to hear the real V6 VB, just to see if there's a Vocaloid with worse quality than Sonika in general or Arsloid's extra banks only intended for cross-synth use. (Obviously, no offence to anyone who does like those banks, but I'm speaking from a technical standpoint.)

Chuchu

Luka enthusiast
Jul 18, 2018
Exactly what I'm thinking! I'm now morbidly curious to hear the real V6 VB, just to see if there's a Vocaloid with worse quality than Sonika in general or Arsloid's extra banks only intended for cross-synth use. (Obviously, no offence to anyone who does like those banks, but I'm speaking from a technical standpoint.)
I'm curious, too! I'm already preparing the popcorn because it seems to be an ongoing trainwreck. Imagine the fallout when the japanese side of the fandom and Yamaha gets wind of it OAO)/

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
One last thing before I stop yapping:

I initially misinterpreted the last thread I posted wrong, and I wanted to make sure no one here made the same mistake. The thread maker actually ended up correcting me and clarifying their point later. They're not saying the RVC wasn't used -- rather, they say it definitely was, but that it almost certainly wasn't some random outsourced engineer who did it, who somehow already knew about Rowen, knew about his RVC model, and had access to it despite no longer being publicly available. That they did it themselves and are now making up some bogus claim of an outsider doing things without telling them to absolve themselves of blame 💀

Clarification thread because I'm not very eloquent

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)