• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

CeVIO CeVIO Discussion Thread

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
I wonder if it's a black box, clear box, or if it depends where you get it from... The black box has always felt cheaper to me, in a way, even if it's kind of petty. I'm not really a big CeVIO user so I'm not one to speak on it I suppose, but if I ever caved in and got KAFU and/or SEKAI, I'd want the clear box 🤔

Reactions: Mika

Infoholic

CEO of Chorical, LLC.
Mar 26, 2018
I just bought the KAFU starter pack because I wanted her physical, but there was no non-starter pack edition. Bruh....

• Sad
Reactions: Leon

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
morrysillusion.wixsite.com
god bless she lives? i guess? still havent heard anything from gynoid but i wouldnt doubt they maybe arent. a thing and have passed flower to cevio completely? idk

will be curious how she will sound if this really is just v flower, if any direction about her voice will be different mostly with chis-a to compare. very much eyeing that design silhouette too. giving me talk vibes with the jacket but certain looks different.

Reactions: Cerāgi <º•

Cerāgi <º•

Passionate Fan
Dec 5, 2019
Italy
That’s strange. I mean, this wouldn’t be the first synth changing development team/company, it happened to Nana v4 too for example, but even if that was the case, wouldn’t Flower’s character still belong to Gynoid? It makes me wonder if this is a completely new character (maybe related to Flower in some way, like Rosa to Cul) 🧐

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
morrysillusion.wixsite.com
i would think its strange if it wasnt flower. the name feels like such an obvious call to V Flower V and Ci sounding very similar and cevio was clear of confirming Chis-a wasnt flower pre-her reveal so.... to me it wouldnt seem strange at all if flower was somehow passed ownership to a different company like cevio, with how silent Gynoid has been and how i think i recall some tweet a while ago from someone stating they didnt even have a dev team? it kinda sounded like gynoid was falling apart and likely to shut down. like idk how the japanese industry works but w my own expiriences in music industry things in america its impossible to know what behind the scenes stuff takes place and ownership switching silently wouldnt shock me at all. my brain theories are that gynoid had their deal with cevio early on that we all heard about first- but due to internal issues (likely funds) the project wasn't making progress and cevio bought them out and/or merged them or at the very least, gained rights to the character in order to finish the voicebank.

Last edited:

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
Gynoid did delete all of their CeVIO Flower announcements, even from their site, so yeah it seems they have nothing to do with this project anymore (assuming it is the Flower, which.... literally how could it not be). I'm just wondering how much of Flower's character is changing, if at all - it's possible the design/character is completely different compared to what Gynoid's Flower was, but I don't see that going down well with fans at all and they have to have thought of that.

I'm intrigued, even if I don't think Flower's voice is really... suited for CeVIO AI as it is? Pro can handle a similar voicetype well in Chis-A, but AI is... well, it sure is. Assuming it is a new company taking over, or just Techno Speech themselves, I wonder how that'd impact her quality too assuming she doesn't go the Yukari Rei route of just trying to sound as much like Vocaloid Flower as possible.

blackout

Passionate Fan
Apr 13, 2018
If Gynoid has really gone under or at least stopped doing PR and new products, someone else coming in and acquiring the rights to flower's character doesn't seem too unlikely since she's still mega popular. I've always thought they were leaving money on the table in regards to her ever since they went near radio silence cuz she's climbed up to being the most used Vocaloid next to Miku. I'm guessing either Techno-Speech or the VocaColle ppl came in and negotiated this so that they're able to develop and market any future flower stuff. Maybe

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)