• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Other Cryptonloid voicebank updates, collabs, & concert news (crypton_wat Twitter translations)

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
She sounds really nice I think!! I can't hear much mechanical noise, personally, just because her segments are so short... I have utmost faith in Crypton, especially knowing they're open to free updates on buggy software now that they're not using Vocaloid anymore, but I AM frustrated at the lack of proper demos we've received since December. Still, I'm hoping for the best!

Twillby

Longtime Listener
Apr 8, 2018
US
(Also, anyone know who the human singer is? She sounds really good!)
Her name’s Noguchi Ruriko. Her Sekai character’s called Hoshino Ichika (in Japanese order because I’m a nerd and it’s a habit I got into recently).

I’m almost tempted to try downloading the audio and cutting it up in their parts because I keep listening to it over and over and keep getting distracted by the real voice when I want to focus on Miku

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
Edit: Fixed permissions for the clips, sorry they were restricted for a minute or two!

I'm dumb/weird/have too much spare time and decided to attempt to recreate Rin and Len's talking with VocaListener for Vocaloid Editor 4. I don't own any other Cryptonloid, so I couldn't conduct tests with them. (I guess if people demand I finish this "research", then I guess I could ask someone to render Miku/Kaito/Meiko for me.)

Room for error: I can't talk as high pitched as they can (especially Rin) and I did not edit VocaListener's analysis so the mechanical errors remain. Also, I am not including a clip of me speaking even though it would help by providing more "scientific evidence", because I really hate my voice and it's too embarrassing. Sorry. Just know I am female and using a cardioid mic + audio box. Also, Rin's test is shorter than Len's because I was dying inside while recording and just can't maintain such levels of genki-ness, it puts my inner goth at terminal risk.

Rin:
Original Project Sekai audio > Power > Sweet > Warm

Len:
Original Project Sekai audio > Power > Serious > Cold
I think Power sounds closest to the original dialogue.

VocaListener and NT's Cherry Pie are by the same company (AIST), except Cherry Pie uses deep learning based on the gender of the input voice.

Edit 2: Yeah, I am aware this is like... mega cursed content.
:ring_ani_lili:

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
Not sure where to put this, but Crypton is giving away some free stuff for a limited time:
iZotope Ozone 9 Elements (only available until the 17th): Ozone 9 Elements プレゼントキャンペーンページ|SONICWIRE

Stay Creative free sound pack (until the 30th):

The free orchestra:

You can only download these from the Japanese version of Sonicwire.

Guide on connecting your English and Japanese accounts (ignore the old Nectar promo part of this post, guide is in 2nd half of the post):

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
I finally got around to reading the Hatsune Miku NT rules after noticing people on Twitter said they are more strict than before.

Basically, if you post a commercial song, you HAVE to say "Hatsune Miku" or "Hatsune Miku NT" (I assume in the title or description).
"Character" license now includes Miku's voice and not just her image (so you can't just use an OC instead of Miku if you can still recognize it as Miku's voice).

Miku NT rules:
"Character" means an abstract concept or a derivative concept characterized by any expression of the copyrighted artwork depicted on the package of this Product as well as its title and the other elements that can be identified as "Hatsune Miku" such as its appearance, name, voice, and movements.

On the publication of any User Work, the User shall expressly attribute it to the name of the Product or the name of the Virtual Singer that is "初音ミクNT" or "初音ミク" in Japanese, or in any other languages ("Hatsune Miku", "初音未来" etc.);provided, however, that the foregoing shall not apply in the following circumstances:
(1) when the User uses the Product for non-commercial purposes, if the User is an individual.
(2) when the Company acknowledges that the User has a reasonable grounds to prove that it is impossible or extremely difficult to credit or publicize the name of the Virtual Singer in relation to the User Work.
(3) when the Company individually approves that the User is exempted from the obligation to credit the name of the Virtual Singer.
tl;dr Crypton demands credit that it is "Hatsune Miku" (not sure if it's for ALL versions of her from now on or JUST NT?)

As opposed to what I got from Rin/Len V4X's rules:
To use the Synthesized Singing commercially for any of the following products, coupled with Licensors’ trademark(s) such as "Megurine Luka" "VOCALOID" or "VOCALO", or other similar expression ("Contract Representation") in whole or in part, by way of, including but not limited to, reproducing, distributing, performing and displaying such products to the public:
(a) products on which name(s) are credited as singer, artist, musical instrument and the like, together with the Contract Representation;
(b) products of which packaging and/or promotion materials bear the Contract Representation; or
(c) audiovisual works/products with Contract Representation shown in end-title roll or otherwise visible to the public.
tl;dr only need to worry about commercial songs if using the name/physical traits of a Cryptonloid.

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
I have an explanation for the Miku NT rules being more strict offered by the always helpful Amano Kei. I think it makes much more sense now and I can see why Crypton would change the TOS to be more clear.

Here's our tweet thread:

Amano:
Even if you say Hatsune Miku NT's agreement become strict, isn't it just in a business scope?

For the discussion of character usage guidelines on Piapro Link, it has almost no effect on doujin circles, it's to prevent the trick of Vocaloid era "can use for business if you omit the trademark"
You can tell it's Hatsune Miku just by her voice even if you conceal the name
And there was the incident with the election campaign car
Note: Miku's voice was used in the loudspeakers for an election car, even though it's against usage terms for her:

Me:
Overseas Vocaloid producers don't really understand the meaning of "doujin". (Even me, because America doesn't have things like Comiket.) For example, if someone wants to upload a Hatsune Miku song to Spotify, isn't that commercial use? Previously, it was okay to not display Hatsune Miku's name, so NT feels like it got more strict.

Amano:
For Japan, there was the incident of Hatsune Miku being used on an election car, Jin/じん (aka 自然の敵P) published CDs with a business without displaying Hatsune Miku's name, incidents with "don't publish the trademark" and misuse against Crypton's will.

It is fundamentally okay to use Hatsune Miku and not make a huge profit.

(Continued)

Amano:
For using Piapro Link
1) Producing CDs, distributing on a small scale to recover production costs
2) Cost of admission for recovering the cost of an event venue
3) For those who don't want a profit and are using a paid service to distribute songs

Download sales are related to the above-mentioned and use the character name or use the character on a jacket/in a music video
(Continued)

Amano:
In addition, it is okay as long as the Piapro Link is displayed on the jacket.

It is okay to not apply on Piapro if using ROUTER.FM.

(Warning: This isn't guaranteed, so I recommend using a Deep Learning translator or something for the character usage guidelines.)
Edit: Note, I am currently "investigating" about what a foreigner can do to get permission for publishing a song that uses a Cryptonloid image/name:

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
It looks like we got the Japanese side of the fandom talking about the terms of use, trying to explain what it means to help us. Some of the Japanese users also agree the terms have gotten strict, though.

A user I follow called kadotanimitsuru said that CeVIO has had these rules before Crypton did. They described it in these tweets:

(Note: My brain is tired from messaging back and forth to many people all day about the topic of Crypton's requirement to ask for permission to sell commercially only in Japanese along with the description in the TOS saying they require crediting Cryptonloid's names. So I will just summarize and not translate like my previous post.)

Vocaloid = don't mention their trademarks, this is what people were used to.
CeVIO = Rather than being a DTM (Desktop/MIDI music) resource, the voice banks are considered a character sound source/voice bank. It has already been required by CeVIO to credit their characters (we just never noticed, I guess).
NT = Same as CeVIO now, have to publish character name and ask for consent if we want profit. So rather than their virtual singers being like instruments, they are more like characters.

Edit: My tweet thread on the subject:

Last edited:

Chuchu

Luka enthusiast
Jul 18, 2018
I'm kinda dissapointed about Crypton's silence regarding Miku NT. A simple E-mail or tweet on Twitter could have done the job to quell some of the frustration for those who purchased her. I think nobody would be too mad if Miku NT got delayed again, for a bit at least. Considering, the current situation we're having right now. Having whole businesses trying to regain some stability, to successfully work from home, etc.

I think having to reschedule or outright cancel events and managing their staff remotely is one reason for missing the new release date. Maybe the current Piapro Studio build is too unstable to be released, even as a prototype? Just trying to rationalise the situation for myself, before I become too emotional and childish ;___;)

On another note, if Project Sekai is successful, do you think some of the more popular Characters will get an NT Voicebank? Like the main chick (forgot her name haha) in the game has already performed with Miku at some events.

pros:
1. Familiarity with Project Sekai characters already established. No need to work on their brand from scratch.
2. Cross-promotion in the game. E.g. game event with Sekai character going to record voice samples, playing demo songs, VB mascot concept, etc.
3. Sekai characters interaction with the Cryptonloids. So there's a connection.
4. Popular male character could become CV04 (rip dude..for now...). Higher chance to flourish with fandom and more financial gain. Big maybe.

Cons:
1. Whole legal issues with Sega. Does Sega own Sekai characters or is it shared between Sega and Crypton.
2. Game could tank real bad. So, waste of money. Better to create new NT characters without game connection.

Last edited:

denev

beep beep
Oct 30, 2019
minnesnowtaaaa
soundcloud.com
I'm kinda dissapointed about Crypton's silence regarding Miku NT. A simple E-mail or tweet on Twitter could have done the job to quell some of the frustration for those who purchased her. I think nobody would be too mad if Miku NT got delayed again, for a bit at least. Considering, the current situation we're having right now. Having whole businesses trying to regain some stability, to successfully work from home, etc.

I think having to reschedule or outright cancel events and managing their staff remotely is one reason for missing the new release date. Maybe the current Piapro Studio build is too unstable to be released, even as a prototype? Just trying to rationalise the situation for myself, before I become too emotional and childish ;___;)

On another note, if Project Sekai is successful, do you think some of the more popular Characters will get an NT Voicebank? Like the main chick (forgot her name haha) in the game has already performed with Miku at some events.

pros:
1. Familiarity with Project Sekai characters already established. No need to work on their brand from scratch.
2. Cross-promotion in the game. E.g. game event with Sekai character going to record voice samples, playing demo songs, VB mascot concept, etc.
3. Sekai characters interaction with the Cryptonloids. So there's a connection.
4. Popular male character could become CV04 (rip dude..for now...). Higher chance to flourish with fandom and more financial gain. Big maybe.

Cons:
1. Whole legal issues with Sega. Does Sega own Sekai characters or is it shared between Sega and Crypton.
2. Game could tank real bad. So, waste of money. Better to create new NT characters without game connection.
I have to say I agree, I'm disappointed in how all of this is playing out, I am trying to be understanding due to the global crisis going on. Lack of updates from wat or the sonicwire twitter/blog worry me though. Perhaps she'll come out today the 21st in Japan. Maybe 11-20 was actually 11-21 to them? Who knows.

Chuchu

Luka enthusiast
Jul 18, 2018
I have to say I agree, I'm disappointed in how all of this is playing out, I am trying to be understanding due to the global crisis going on. Lack of updates from wat or the sonicwire twitter/blog worry me though. Perhaps she'll come out today the 21st in Japan. Maybe 11-20 was actually 11-21 to them? Who knows.
For now, we can only wait and guess. Which sucks.

As long as no one at Crypton has caught Corona or is in critical condition, god forbid especially Wat or Itoh, I'm good. I could accept a longer delay.
Crypton should just say, that due to Corona, Miku NT's prototype release realistically will be within May ~June. Could save them some grief.
Showing one decent tuned demo would help, too.

phantoCrystal

New Fan
Feb 13, 2019
i understand that we're in a pandemic which is awful, and there's a lot of stress plus the working from home stuff... so im not asking crypton to rush and push her out, but i suppose getting an update on some sorta delay sooner rather than later would be good, considering people have paid for this product which they havent recieved n stuff. i dont wanna act ungrateful ofc, i completely understand delays, but i understand why some are mad...
mid may was an estimate, really, i suppose we can still wait until the end of may. although in japan, they did have the specific release window of the chuujun period, but i suppose they just meant more AROUND this sort of time, not exactly within those exact dates... and maybe mid may was just the best way to translate it, who knows.
ill just keep listening to nobu nakamura's posts and pretending that they're real and that we're living in a post nt world

atrocious typing... my brand

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)