• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Other Cryptonloid voicebank updates, collabs, & concert news (crypton_wat Twitter translations)

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
Kaito sounds kinda weird lasdjfsdf

This is really cool! I look forward to the game's release! These teasers are all super cute, and I'm glad to see everyone getting some love. I especially loved Meiko here omg ;;A;; <3

First Sound Future

Passionate Fan
Apr 8, 2018
I think the only one whose sound I like in the preview is Meiko? Kind of?

When it comes to Cryptonloids talking, I still wish Crypton could have just made them Voiceroids with the help of AHS or something. Almost every comment under the video is saying how real they sound but I personally can not hear it... There's some odd choppiness(?) to their voices, I feel like that wouldn't be the case if they were Voiceroids, or made with an engine like it ( similar to Gynoid Talk ). :confused:

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Miku (duh), Luka and Meiko sound the best to me. None of them sound even close to realism but I like how they do at least sound like they're talking, even if I can't understand why Crypton won't just invest in making actual talking banks for them.

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
I thought that Len sounded the best. Rin sounded good, even though it didn't sound "like Rin" to me, too high pitched. I thought Luka was fine. Miku and Kaito sounded weird to me (didn't sound like her and Kaito was just uhh, artifact-y/warbley). And Meiko... I don't even know what that was. Kaito was sort of hard to understand, had to listen really hard but I understood him. I don't even know what Meiko said.

Miku: (Not gonna bother translating because we've heard so much of Miku already and I'm lazy, but it's about the world and memories.)
Rin: Minna, kite-kureta n da ne! (You all came!)
Len: Hayaku issho ni utaeru to ii na! (It'll be great to hurry and sing together!)
Luka: Koko wa anata-tachi no omoide dekita sekai yo. (This is the world made from your memories.)
Meiko: ??? (loud screaming)
Kaito: Saa, minna, o-kyaku-sama o egao ni suru junbi wa ii kai? (Now, everyone, are you ready to make everyone smile?)
I don't trust the humble opinions of people who can't speak Japanese and think the Cryptonloids sound good/natural. Sorry if that's rude, but how can you gauge understandability if you don't even know any Japanese words. >>; Yeah, maybe the intonation sounds realistic, but the clearness of the words is what counts to me.

I looked at the comments and the Japanese ones were basically "hoo boy I love [insert Cryponloid name]" or just that they were excited for the game/new software, but didn't provide a critique. On Twitter, I saw some Japanese people saying they were worried about the product and game having low-quality talking and they wished Crypton would just make a TTS.

Personally, I wish Crypton would make BOTH Cherry Pie vocoder AND a TTS. Some people don't want to record their voice and have to tune it by hand and would rather have a TTS thing for Let's Plays/skits. Hopefully they improve Cherry Pie by the time of release or at least continue to update it. (Either way, I want it, even if it ends up being flaming hot garbage. I just like messing with tech.)

Sep 21, 2019
Listening to those "speeches", Len is the only one who sounded good to me. I feel like they all sounded pretty choppy and--I hate to say it--not that much better than your average talkloid. If they used Cherry Pie for this, then I'm a bit concerned about what the final product will sound like (and I'm especially not fond of Rin sounding high-pitched; it just doesn't quite feel like "Rin" to me, and outside of Miku, I'm not much for cutesy high-pitched voices. :S)

Personally, I wish Crypton would make BOTH Cherry Pie vocoder AND a TTS. Some people don't want to record their voice and have to tune it by hand and would rather have a TTS thing for Let's Plays/skits. Hopefully they improve Cherry Pie by the time of release or at least continue to update it. (Either way, I want it, even if it ends up being flaming hot garbage. I just like messing with tech.
I whole-heartedly agree with this. I'm going to bet Cherry Pie really wouldn't sound good if you tried to get away with recording your voice on a LQ mic, which can be turn off even to professionals because a microphone is another additional cost--not to mention you need proper recording space for your voice to not have a bunch of reverb and echo. (This is assuming a professional using Vocaloid probably uses it for the synthetic singing aspect and probably doesn't have a mic for that reason.)

A TTS/voiceroid/talk-bank + cherry pie would be the best answer. I don't really know much about Voiceroids or talk banks outside of the times I've played around with Iori and Una's talk demos online. I can better manipulate the results and get them to express things that I'd have difficulty doing with my own voice.
Even if does turn out to be crap, I'd probably want to try it anyways because I like messing around with technology. :tongue:

okrere

New Fan
Apr 15, 2020

There's a new video by the Project Sekai people, with talkloids by all six Cryptonloids.
Do the Rin and Len here remind anyone else of their original voicebanks? If NT is meant to sound like their V2 then it's not surprising that they're higher pitched than Power Append, which I imagine everyone's gotten too used to. Personally Rin sound PERFECTLY "Rin-like" to me, except for the weirdly elongated vowels like the nee~ at the end, which everyone seems to suffer from in this game due to the weird tuning, so I wouldn't blame the voicebank. I really hope my ears aren't fooling me here and this is a sign that Kagamine NT will indeed sound like V2!

okrere

New Fan
Apr 15, 2020

Hmm, I feel like the problem are the high notes which lean towards sounding like Miku. The rest sound good.

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
I agree that Rin sounds a bit Miku-ish, but she sounds a lot smoother than Miku. It will take a while to get used to it, but maybe they will add voices other than the Original ones to NT eventually (because there are 3 total slots on the product page for Miku NT, but only Original has been revealed so far). I hope they share clips of the other Cryptonloids in a few days.

I updated the master list of pretty much all the examples of Cherry Pie so far: Cryptonloid voicebank updates, collabs, & concert news (crypton_wat Twitter translations) (Might have missed a few Mirai commercials, though.)

Reactions: Scarlet Illusion

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
Note: My sentences today are kind of rambling/don't make much sense, sorry.

I think that Len sounds better than Miku in terms of the start/end of phonemes being really noticeable. Sometimes when he spoke, it would have distortion on lower sounds, but it didn't make it impossible to understand what he was saying and sounded pretty smooth the whole time. I am wondering who spoke the lines that got vocoded, I think it was a woman because Len's high voice turned out well.

I wonder how it would sound if a man got their voice converted to a female Cryptonloid (I am referring to how for vocoders like with Voidol, that when a woman converts their voice to a guy character, it sound garbled. When a man converts their voice to a female character, it sounds chipmunkey (check this page out and click the characters to hear conversion examples for what I am trying to describe).)

I think that I am not used to Len sounding so crisp, but I think the results seem good. A problem I had with Len V4X is that most of his voices are kind of quiet and hard to use, so I would be interested in seeing how his singing voice sounds.

As a side note, I will be pretty annoyed in Miku NT gets delayed so much that Crypton ends up announcing the other Cryptonloids being available for sale at around the same time shortly after she's complete. I thought the timeline would be: Try Miku in March, painstakingly wait for full version in August, wait until a few months later for them to finish up one other Cryptonloid. But they each seem to be functioning, so I wonder how far each Cryptonloid is ACTUALLY from completion? On top of only getting to hear the Original voice for each so far. When are we gonna hear the other voices that come with NT???

If other Cryptonloids get announced before Miku NT is done or as soon as she is done around August, then I will be kind of annoyed that I bought Miku NT... I mean, I like her but I like her Sweet voice more and if it's not in NT, then I would have rather gotten her V4X and got a different NT Cryptonloid. I just preordered because she was the only NT choice at the time, the wait time was very long, and I thought I'd be using it by now... *ramble*

phantoCrystal

New Fan
Feb 13, 2019
so... here's luka's now. i think she also sounds real good! but what im interested in is the english part..... i don't think that's engrish, so it looks like at LEAST luka will still be getting an english bank, if that's what's going on here. oh you bilingual queen.

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
Since we're mirroring the Project Sekai thread...

I am afraid to hear Kaito's voice... Meiko is so muffled and over emoting so much. I wonder what she sounds like talking "normally"? On Twitter, a lot of people hate this clip.

I wonder if it's because of the human voice that got converted isn't that compatible with her voice type? Or is it because Kaito/Meiko are older? Or Meiko's not that far in development? What went wrong...?

(On a side note, I like how she has the dark grey collar on her outfit for this.)

Reactions: phantoCrystal

phantoCrystal

New Fan
Feb 13, 2019
im REALLY hoping that it's just because she's maybe one of the most behind in development, because in all honesty, her voice isn't doing much for me... not only is it muffled but it sounds pretty awkward too. however, considering we've SUPPOSEDLY heard kaito from that one old clip, im not as worried, but meiko..... what went wrong.

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
I went back to the Miku Symphony clip of Meiko talking (video is timestamped to the correct spot)

I hated it back then and still hate it now when comparing this new Project Sekai clip to it. The quality is basically the same still. I don't know how to describe it, but it isn't just the usual VocaListener/Voidol wonked up low tones/errors with fries that ocassionally sound like demonic distortion, it's like every single phoneme sounds like she's talking into a fan with Cherry Pie.

Why did the Kagamines sound almost unnaturally crisp/bright/clear, but Meiko sounds, er... like she needs work? I know I complain a lot, but I feel like the distorted muffled sound of her is almost useless for anything other than meme talkloid videos. S:

I wish Crypton would be a bit more transparent about what's going on and which stage the Original voices for each Cryptonloid are at instead of making us suffer for months on end. Are they going to continue to work on them or is this the quality we're getting? What about the non-Original voices that come with NT as well?

Edit: Just to clarify my grumbling, Miku Symphony 2019 was Oct 14 and Dec 23, this video is from Dec 4th, so it coincides with recordings of the October leg. So Meiko sounds the same after 7 months? Is there even hope for improvement at this point?

Last edited:

Mika

crying over Rune Factory 6
Jul 5, 2018
Germany
They really did Meiko wrong, she sounds so so so bad. Muffled, kinda wonky and also not that much like Meiko at all. More like a weirdly pitched Len. (Which just made me remember that one time someone fooled a lot of people with a song cover using Meiko but she sounded exactly like Rin and Len.. yeah.)

I don't know what to think about this. In my opinion Len sounds the most ok out of all of them. Hm.

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
This high-energy and super emotive style is nice for brief lines, and maybe for a different character?? lol. I mean it's not bad. She's definitely kinda muffled though :(

Reactions: Scarlet Illusion

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)