• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

General Discussion Thread

GreenFantasy64

カイミク || Len English || Arsloid || V5/Piapro
Staff member
Apr 9, 2018
soundcloud.com
A possible V5 recording update from the folks at Gynoid (not even going to bother posting the mechanical translation from twitter because it's far from clear)

I just looked it up and supposedly it's like the person is editing the voice and is really happy on it. (Whoever the Voice provider is, the recorded voice sounds well in the program) Since Flower retweeted it and by the translated words...I guess she seems jealous of it(? Like the person is working on someone else rather than her too?)
I have to say it could be a new Vocaloid from them. Plus like First Sound Future said, it could be a new Vocaloid after all that it's in the editing progress.
If so I wonder if it's a Japanese Vocaloid from them. A male or female one? :qingxian_ani_lili:

First Sound Future

Passionate Fan
Apr 8, 2018
Since Gynoid means a "female android", I can't help but feel that they'd stick to making Female Vocaloids but a male Vocaloid from them would be so cool. Flower and Xin Hua Japanese both sound pretty unique so I guess he'd sound unique too, I wonder what would they try to do with him (another androgynous voice maybe?).

DefiantKitsune

Lonely kanon fan
Apr 11, 2018
I feel like vocal synth programs other than Vocaloid and UTAU always run into the same issue: they just don't have enough synths.
It doesn't matter how nice your three synths are, if you only have three, people aren't going to want to buy a whole engine for that.
Miriam got reviewed less than Cantor, despite being better, for that reason.
And that's the biggest struggle SynthV and CeVIO have.
(Well, CeVIO also doesn't have great results but that's besides the point.)

RawBeansP

feng yi supremacy
Apr 8, 2018
elsewhere looking for oarfish
I feel like vocal synth programs other than Vocaloid and UTAU always run into the same issue: they just don't have enough synths.
It doesn't matter how nice your three synths are, if you only have three, people aren't going to want to buy a whole engine for that.
Miriam got reviewed less than Cantor, despite being better, for that reason.
And that's the biggest struggle SynthV and CeVIO have.
(Well, CeVIO also doesn't have great results but that's besides the point.)
i dont know if it's fair to judge synthv as it is right now since the only public version available is basically a demo, and we know a full version is coming in the near future. On top of that, despite everything, it's still managed to garner some amount of popularity within the vocal synth community so it has a good start for it

however i do agree that more vocal banks in general is always a plus, especially banks in multiple languages

DefiantKitsune

Lonely kanon fan
Apr 11, 2018
i dont know if it's fair to judge synthv as it is right now since the only public version available is basically a demo, and we know a full version is coming in the near future. On top of that, despite everything, it's still managed to garner some amount of popularity within the vocal synth community so it has a good start for it

however i do agree that more vocal banks in general is always a plus, especially banks in multiple languages
I totally agree lol, SynthV was a bad example. I agree multiple languages are good!, but if you're only gonna add one non-native VB, there's not much point (looking at you CeVIO).

Reactions: RawBeansP

First Sound Future

Passionate Fan
Apr 8, 2018
The CEO(?) of AHS also noticed wat's tweet.
It's so cool Crypton is thinking of collaborating with other companies on some things but I'm mostly wishing for non-Crypton Vocaloids in the games. There were some discussions about including more Vocaloids in an older interview iirc, I wonder if Gumi will be included as a possible DLC in the next game.

Exemplar

Veteran
May 17, 2018
Not entirely sure this info is 100% correct or translated properly but it sounds like according to this one article on a chinese economic site that Luo Tianyi has really brought in the moolah. Here's what Google translate said (which why I didn't post this in the news section)
In recent years, virtual idols have become increasingly hot in China. The fiery Vtube and love in foreign countries have opened up people's imagination of the virtual idol market. From the end of last year to the middle of this year, the number of virtual idols in Japan has soared to more than 4,000. According to data released by Japanese social platform analysis tool Social Insight, the 4,000 VBuber fans totaled approximately 12.7 million and video views reached 720 million. The domestic virtual idol Luo Tianyi’s income has reached 600 million yuan, ranking top in the domestic artist income level.
2018年度创业黑马TOP100出炉,克拉克拉斩获年度黑马top10

As of the time of posting this that much money is around 76,284,000.00 Euros and 86,445,360.00 US dollars. That is low compared to previous estimates about how much money Miku back in 2012.

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
@Exemplar Well, to be fair, Miku was initially just aimed at Japanese people, right? Japan's population is a fraction of the size of China's. In addition to Tian Yi doing tons of product collabs and getting publicity from participating in televised music concerts with big name human singers. Plus, China is really getting into the "2D world" thing and making more of their own anime and even their own anime idol groups and stuff. And Tian Yi doesn't have much competition is terms of Chinese Vocaloids (I think of her as the VSinger group leader), either. *could probably ramble more about my humble opinion*

Reactions: Exemplar

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
@Exemplar Well, to be fair, Miku was initially just aimed at Japanese people, right? Japan's population is a fraction of the size of China's.
Though Miku made more money--from @Exemplar's article, $120 million, vs. Luo Tianyi's $86+ million. Still a very respectable amount. And it also shows how phenomenal Miku's success was, being focused on Japan with its smaller population and the other factors you mentioned.

*Unless I've completely misunderstood something. :) *

lIlI

Staff member
Apr 6, 2018
The Lightning Strike
That's still a massive shakeup when you consider that Miku's previous competitor had barely a quarter of her popularity (Gumi). A Vocaloid achieving even half of what Miku makes is unexpected.

Reactions: Exemplar

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
The english version of Deutsche Welle posted this podcast about Miku WorldLink: Japan's vocaloid obsession | DW | 16.11.2018
The journalist, Kai Dambach interviewed me too at Magical Mirai in Osaka, but I didn't get to be a part of this podcast :( (Maybe it's better that way, I'm ashamed of my horrible accent).
This podcast was pretty well put together and he avoided the "this is so weird" mentality that Western media sometimes goes for when it comes to Miku (and Vocaloid). He did his research well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)