• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

CeVIO CeVIO Discussion Thread

WyndReed

Dareka tasukete!
Apr 8, 2018
???, New York
I guess it would malke sense not to use Chihiro Ishiguro’s voice likness if they were trying to keep the AI voice as a more realistic Yukari versus sounding like a realistic human singer.

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
morrysillusion.wixsite.com
as much as i have been iffy on Cevio AI, i am glad to see more stuff about it on that big article. and for one- the program looks like it functions a lot more like i hoped, so im not as nervous about possible limiations (considering how limited some existing AI stuff is, it was hard to know). the demos there sound pretty nice- while i def think they've knocked out more of the 'egine noise' typical to cevio, its still...there. and Yukari's sample sounded not great too me in terms of that. i think the program will function well enough but im still unsure about the actual sounds of the voices...

Reactions: TheStarPalace

YOYo_MAMA

I am Thou and Thou aren't Shit...
Oct 19, 2018
I'm really confused on Sasara cause on the DTM article, they mentioned Sasara was the only bank they could test while the rest are still in development (please note I do not speak Japanese and used a translator word for word, corrections are very much welcomed please.)
I recall reading that Sasara was not in their line-up for upcoming AI banks but here she is being the only one for testing. Will she still me commercially available or be like a full package deal with Cevio AI while the 3rd party voices are sold separately?

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
She was kinda stealth-announced, they didn't make a big deal of it since she's kind of a given, but we know she'll probably be available as she was before - either as a tie-in with the editor for a discount or as a stand alone vocal. I doubt she'll be free since she's so popular, but she'll probably go on sale often as is the CeVIO marketing strategy.

___

Oct 8, 2019
It looks like Akari got into an "accident" in which she unfortunately died in ( and Yukari didn't have anything to do with at all ) and she's suspiciously little too happy at her funeral.

It's dull.

Ronny777

VOCALOID5 Tuner
Dec 10, 2020
Canada
soundcloud.com
I have so many questions. I mean it looks nice but I had to look her up because I thought I was misremembering her. Where are her bunny ears? Why did they change her hair completely? This looks nothing like her. Is it supposed to be a non copyright infringement version of her. How do you get that from her original concept art or her other voice banks? The more I think about it this genuinely feels like they didn't get the rights to her original design. I'm probably not right about that but this is still a strange choice to make considering they are selling a product that has a face to the name. It's like trying to sell Miku without her twin tail hairstyle.

Reactions: peaches2217 and ___

lIlI

Staff member
Apr 6, 2018
The Lightning Strike
Personally I'm really happy to see more big skirts, gimme more floofy skirts. The only things I'm not fond of at the half gloves (pet peeve), and her shawl being white. Love the dark purple colour scheme and overall fanciness to contrast her other more casual design.

(her bunny ears are still there, they're attached to her shawl. Took me a second to notice them too)

Last edited:

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
I like the design, it's less iconic than her original but it's still pretty...I hate the hair though. Unless we get like a back view where she has it in a ponytail or bun or something, I hate the style of "really short hair with one random long piece"

also, listening to the demo, she's nice but has the same gripe i have with all voicebanks moving to cevio...the change in engine noise is so apparent and bothersome to me.

Last edited:

Maribelle

GalacOH no she didn't
Apr 9, 2018
Yukari's cevio design hair gives me the strangest sense of deja vu like I feel like I have saw a character with that exact haircut before but I can not for the life of me place where I saw it >.>

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Yukari's cevio design hair gives me the strangest sense of deja vu like I feel like I have saw a character with that exact haircut before but I can not for the life of me place where I saw it >.>
Sachiko maybe? That's the first one that comes to mind for me.

1608435462723.png

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
The "missing" side hair is just a braid. This isn't an official ref sheet or anything, but it is her illustrator, and she's clearly wearing her CeVIO outfit, so it's safe to assume this is how her hair is actually like -

As for the design itself... I don't have strong feelings either way. Pretty much looks exactly how I expected it to from the silhouette; they're going for something completely different to differentiate her from her Vocaloid versions, which is understandable. I do agree that it's not really as memorable or easily recognizable as Yukari though.

I think she sounds better in the full demo (though maybe it's the lower quality that's hiding what I didn't like in the initial teaser orz), but I still.... don't really feel compelled to buy her when I already own her Vocaloid banks. Especially not at that price, ouch.

KingPapillon

vocal synth weirdo
Nov 2, 2020
On one hand, I actually kind of like that its really different from her Vocaloid design, maybe if they really put in the work to try and build up this new design's brand and image on Cevio, they can make derivate designs off of this, and make this design synonymous with the mental image people already have of Yukari as well.

On the other hand, I think that it could also kind of hurt Yukari's character as a whole. Her image is a huge part of her popularity, what with her classic Voiceroid visage and her more obvious rabbit motif, I can see why splitting off her character with this look on Cevio might be a bad thing for her in the long run. Now Yukari both looks and sounds different, and that might alienate and confuse people who aren't already fans.

As far as her voice, I think she has so far, the nicest one I've heard on Cevio yet, which isn't saying much. She sounds like a breathier, Cevio engine sound heavy Yukari we already knew from Vocaloid. She doesn't necessarily sound any better, but she also doesn't sound much worse either.. One cool advantage that we can probably look forward to though, and one that I don't think many have really talked about yet, is how we can expect to see her voice react in new and interesting ways to the different parameters and tuning methods CevioAI will have to offer. Like or hate how Cevio vbs sound, the way in which they sing is very different to Vocaloid. Sasara, ONE, and the Color Voice group all have very resonant tones that can't be exactly replicated in Vocaloid imo.

Idk tho whether this Yukari will be a flop or success, is totally up to Vocalomarkets to decide I think, only time will tell..

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)