• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Other Cryptonloid voicebank updates, collabs, & concert news (crypton_wat Twitter translations)

___

Oct 8, 2019
Yeah, usages of all the CFM NT vbs had been floating around on the internet for ages now.

Miku, Kaito and especially Luka suck but the Kagamines are pretty faithful and Meiko is pleasant surprise imo.

I still don’t know how they are building the NT voicebanks. They sure have a... unique tone (wether good or bad that’s another subject lol). Are they using just mono pitch - CV recording method? Cause if that’s the case then that’s impressive (not amazing sounding, but impressive indeed)
They are not monopitch CVs, they're more like CVVCs with extremely short samples.

Pewe

Aspiring Fan
Dec 7, 2019
wow, is it really her then?
damn. I men, it doesn't really sound like Luka imo
Tbf, it seems Crypton has wanted to rebrand her voice ever since V4x since the change in tone was really drastic, so I guess they are also trying to do the same this time.

Personally I find her to sound like a mix between V2 and V4x in her mid range, which I like (I think this can be heard more in 1, Kanade Tomosu Sora, the Dreamin Chuchu cover (even if she’s tuned to sound drunk at) and her Inochi Ni cover, although the latter may be using an older build bc it sounds more like her V2), but yeah her high range isn’t really good, specially since she sometimes gets some “voice-cracks”.

They are not monopitch CVs, they're more like CVVCs with extremely short samples.
Huh, so I guess the oddities come more from the engine than from the voicebanks themselves?

also, is there a thread to discuss NT development / demos aside from Wat’s tweets / announcements?

___

Oct 8, 2019
Huh, so I guess the oddities come more from the engine than from the voicebanks themselves?
It's safe to say the oddities are due to the direction the vbs had been taken in too, vocaloid samples are really short, just a fraction of what your average optimal sample for UTAU would be, and they cut on the lenght even more, I think that plays role too.

aru ii

Your Neighborhood Tianyi Enthusiast!
Feb 12, 2021
VOCALOID4 Editor
It's safe to say the oddities are due to the direction the vbs had been taken in too, vocaloid samples are really short, just a fraction of what your average optimal sample for UTAU would be, and they cut on the lenght even more, I think that plays role too.
But why are Vocaloid samples so short? Doesn’t long samples make better sounding vocals?

Nezuh

Official Piko Husband
Apr 17, 2018
Argentina
www.youtube.com
But why are Vocaloid samples so short? Doesn’t long samples make better sounding vocals?
Well, VOCALOIDs have short CVVC samples.
Thats it, these short samples are the consonants and some others miscellaneous unions(plus some separate consonants).
At the end of all the VOCALOID databases are some vowel (+ [n][m][N]...) samples that are super long. Like, several seconds long.
I guess the engine uses those in the middle for any decently long note.

Reactions: WyndReed and ___

Pewe

Aspiring Fan
Dec 7, 2019
Speaking of NT and project Sekai, how are they supposedly gathering feedback with the game? Wat said they would gather some feedback on the voices in this tweet:

Or was that just a blatant lie? Lol

Reactions: MillyAqualine

___

Oct 8, 2019
But why don’t they make an official demo then? It seems kind of weird
Because, I presume, they're not about to sell them just yet, while I do wish they kept us updated about the other cryptonloids better and it might seem to be odd to be using them in game at 1st glance, afaik, CFM is no stranger to using beta/private voicebanks and technology in their games.

Once the time comes they'll get proper demos like Miku NT did, wasn't she also used privately in promo material before receiving demo? It's waiting game for now.

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
Speaking of NT and project Sekai, how are they supposedly gathering feedback with the game? Wat said they would gather some feedback on the voices in this tweet:

Or was that just a blatant lie? Lol
Crypton and SEGA often offer online survey about events, goods, games, .. (●'◡'●)
they are also open to receive any kind of feedback from email and postal mail (this is common in Japan, in any retail product you can find a kind of postcard which can be used to send any message to the customer service) :miku_lili:

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
I can't help but feel sympathetic toward Wat. I'm sure he's not doing everything absolutely single-handedly, but he sure seems to have his hands in a bunch of different things. And if the "study" part is accurate, it sounds like he might be having to learn how to do stuff at the same time, which makes everything harder....

sapplerx

+-=÷x
Dec 26, 2020
United States

Breaking news: Mikudayo's actor fell down, but there are no nuances such as injuries at present, and he said that he was okay for the time being. ※ Mr. Warner Ikeda will make an official announcement. In this way, we will pay attention to the production plan etc. so that you do not have to worry.

I'm glad that the tone of the KAITO solo that I was in charge of, accumulated over the past year, made me feel that I was doing as much as I could.

Jikyusan

Producer in Training
Apr 8, 2018
USA
jikyusan.carrd.co

"The framework for two major projects at the beginning of the year is coming together. One is a project focusing on Miku - Net culture, and the other is an unexpected project of Proseka x VocaloP."
(Translated using DeepL Translator)

"We are going to do it again next year. I'll be working on the project from now on. ...The only thing I regret is that it's difficult to make it into goods, figures, etc., since it has a symbolic logo and design on it..."
(Translated using DeepL Translator)

My thoughts: I guess nothing much will happen till next year. What will happen to Hatsune Miku NT?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)