• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Other Cryptonloid voicebank updates, collabs, & concert news (crypton_wat Twitter translations)

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
I'd like to add that more info will be announced during Magical Mirai 2023 in Osaka (11-13 August) and Tokyo (1-3 September), there are always very interesting talk sessions with Crypton staff(●'◡'●)
also, small hint about the Crypton booth:

クリプトン・フューチャー・メディア株式会社が発信するコンテンツをたくさんご紹介!!
ピアプロキャラクターズに関する新たな情報があるかも…?
Introducing a lot of content sent by Crypton Future Media Co., Ltd.! ! There may be new information about Piapro Characters...?

blackout

Passionate Fan
Apr 13, 2018
Hope this update brings some substantial changes. It’s been a while since we heard from Crypton. The NT vocals we’ve been hearing from Sekai originals have been consistently subpar even as of recent so I’m very apprehensive… it’s awkward how we’re seeing characters like Gumi and Teto jump on V6/SynthV while successfully retaining their original voice tone but NT has been failing miserably at even reproducing how Miku V2 sounded which was supposedly its original goal (and the rest of the Cryptonloids just sound like varying degrees of worse versions from their V4X/V3 counterparts, with Luka and Meiko being completely butchered).

Hate to be negative so I’m just hoping that they’ve been cooking something good.

Cerāgi <º•

Passionate Fan
Dec 5, 2019
Italy
Ok I can finally comment on this: I personally have always liked and still really like NT, both the sound and how the engine feels, but yeah, if there's something that has left a bad taste in my mouth is the fact that it hasn't been receiving any updates in like a year, like, we're still waiting for breath releases to come orz and, while the program has come a long way in my opinion, it definitely still needs frequent updates and support. Not hearing anything for such a long time has been frustrating and underwhelming (not to mention there's still only one vocal on the engine).

That being said, I want to be optimistic, I hope next month they'll bring us something amazing and worth the wait

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
for anybody interested, this is the interview that Wataru Sasaki-san was talking about:

here is a nice extract (translated):
――Kikuo-san, since this is a great opportunity, is there anything you would like to ask Sasaki-san?

Kikuo: Is there something going on with Mr. Sasaki or Crypton regarding the Hatsune Miku character? Because I think it's amazing that Hatsune Miku's light never goes out.

Sasaki: As a company as a whole, when we receive an interesting proposal from the outside, we often say, "Let's try it." As for my movements, whether it's "Hatsune Miku -Project DIVA-" or "Proseca (Project Sekai Colorful Stage! feat. Hatsune Miku)", I'm trying to adjust the balance to remove obstacles to the realization of a new project when it's launched. Most of the time I'm involved as a role, and even now I'm having a hard time coordinating a big project before the information is lifted (bitter smile). However, through such difficult projects and Hatsune Miku, I have also been able to face the industry and the world and study.

Kikuo: I really feel that it's precisely because Crypton is making these adjustments one by one that people like me are supported. I really appreciate it.

Sasaki: No, no, we are more grateful. After all, Hatsune Miku is supported by the creativity of the creators and is allowed to sing. There are many conflicts in doing business using such Hatsune Miku, but it's up to us to keep fighting, and we're in a position where we can explore possibilities, so it's something we should continue to face. Talking to Kikuo made me realize this again. We also want to gain more experience and be able to ask creators like Kikuo for meaningful projects.

Kikuo: By all means. I hope to work with you in the future!
(I recommend to read all the 3-pages interview, is very nice!🎁)

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
My biggest question is if or when we'll get any news about a beta or outright release of any of the other Cryptonloids! Maybe once they are actually all on Piapro, it will feel more like a proper engine. I mean I know it is, but seeing as how it's only Miku for the public, it's in kind of a weird grey area in my mind.

hakimi97

New Fan
Jul 11, 2018
They have released a new update on Piapro NT Studio, finally.

And then, who knows maybe they will release another major update around half a year later...

Is there anyone here who have the Piapro NT Studio, because it would be the best if anyone who update the software to share with us whether the update improves the experience of using Hatsune Miku NT or not.

Last edited:

Cerāgi <º•

Passionate Fan
Dec 5, 2019
Italy
I have it! Honestly, everything is just as before, the only difference being that now it renders faster and that it shows a circle when editing pitch. Oh, and now it has a new bug where if you press play the screen starts shaking while rendering orz.

Honestly, I don't think I've ever felt THIS disappointed regarding an engine as I am right now... one entire year with zero updates and this is what we get, a half baked, relatively irrelevant one. I'm sorry for being negative, but I don't think I can overlook it anymore.

SeleDreams

Passionate Fan
Jul 31, 2019
Ngl, I feel like crypton single handedly killed their reputation with NT. Not from miku fans etc obviously but from producers.
NT has been not just a failure but just one of the worst releases in the vocaloid history.
I almost expect crypton to either come back to vocaloid, either move to synthv or something, but i do think NT isn't going anywhere

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
Pokemon feat. Hatsune Miku Project Voltage :miku_ani_lili:

現実世界と仮想世界の両方をつなぎ、豊かにしてきた2つのコンテンツがコラボし、
個性あふれるクリエイターたちとともに、新たな表現に挑戦します。

まるで18種類の「タイプ」のように、 かっこいい、かわいい、ふしぎ、おもしろい……
さまざまな音楽やイラストが、あなたを待っています。

夢と冒険、未来と音が交わる初めての世界。
ボルテージを高めて、お楽しみください。

「ポケモン feat. 初音ミク Project VOLTAGE 18 Types/Songs」
スタートです!

Two pieces of content that connect and enrich both the real world and the virtual world will collaborate, We will take on the challenge of new expressions together with unique creators. It's like 18 different "types": cool, cute, mysterious, interesting... A variety of music and illustrations are waiting for you. A first world where dreams and adventure, the future and sound intersect. Turn up the voltage and enjoy! "Pokemon feat. Hatsune Miku Project VOLTAGE 18 Types/Songs" Start!

ポケモンの18タイプになぞらえた、
18のイラスト・設定資料、18の楽曲・MVを順次公開
Likened to 18 types of Pokemon, 18 illustrations and setting materials, 18 songs and MVs will be released sequentially

Last edited:

mary34

Aspiring Fan
Dec 25, 2022
Wait is this the big announcement wat talked about? Cause if so, idk how to feel. I mean I do like pokemon so that's very lovely but idk... I expected something a bit more exciting? It's still nice but I can't help but feel just a tiny bit dissapointed. It's like if someone promises you five star catering at a party but the catering turns out to be an otherwise really nice mini donut stall. I do like mini donuts so like I take it but I can't help but feel a little bit scammed y'know. (Of course I could be wrong and the big announcement could turn out to be something else entirely)

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
Wait is this the big announcement wat talked about? Cause if so, idk how to feel. I mean I do like pokemon so that's very lovely but idk... I expected something a bit more exciting? It's still nice but I can't help but feel just a tiny bit dissapointed. It's like if someone promises you five star catering at a party but the catering turns out to be an otherwise really nice mini donut stall. I do like mini donuts so like I take it but I can't help but feel a little bit scammed y'know. (Of course I could be wrong and the big announcement could turn out to be something else entirely)
it was retweeted by Wataru Sasaki, so.. I think yes, it was the big project previously teased. I'm not into Pokemon, but I know that especially in Japan the Pokemon series is big, very big. It seems this is a collaboration project about different types of illustrations, songs and music videos, and is not still clear if they plan to use those songs and illustrations for some goods (very likely, like it happened with the Digimon collaboration), or they might extend the collaboration in some games and tv anime episodes. More details will be shared in the next weeks ^^

and according to some tweets, there will be more announcements in the next weeks and months with other interviews, project collaborations and so on to celebrate Miku 16th anniversary ^-^
regarding Miku NT update, I think they'll talk a bit tomorrow and in the next days during the talk sessions at Magical Mirai in Tokyo ^^

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)