• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Other Cryptonloid voicebank updates, collabs, & concert news (crypton_wat Twitter translations)

Silver1063

Aspiring Fan
Apr 19, 2019
Ummm yea, like I could maybe sorta tell you there's a little difference in tone, but that could just be the placebo effect. I'm hoping this a mistake like with Miku singing Rin's song at Miku Expo. Crypton Really out here doing our girl dirty...

Edit: Just installed the update, there is a much bigger difference, this is definitely a mistake.

Last edited:

pico

robot enjoyer
Sep 10, 2020
I’m glad others on the boards have the same reaction, because I was worried I was going crazy. I definitely can tell that each of them are slightly different, but Whisper and Dark sound more like in-engine modifications of the Original bank than appends.
I’ve seen people online complain that append VB’s “don’t sound like the original vocal”, but I’ve never had that response towards any of them and much prefer it to something too subtle.

blackout

Passionate Fan
Apr 13, 2018
It seems they fucked up the upload???? Miku Dark still sounds a bit similar to Original but here Whisper DEFINITELY sounds, well, whispery:

Yeah this sample has me thinking something went wrong with the upload too lol, these do sound a lot more like her Sweet and Dark appends while the YT video just sounds like the same audio from the demo when NT was first released

Chuchu

Luka enthusiast
Jul 18, 2018
Ooof, hope no one is losing their job with the audio mess up. It's been two hours since the upload, why didn't they pulled the video immediately?

Vetis

Resident SeeU Enthusiast
Dec 31, 2020
They definitely messed up with the audio on that video. Here's a comparison I rendered of all three of her banks. Whilst NT definitely adds a certain twang that binds all the banks together, they're different enough imo. Dark and Original are most similar, but even then, I do hear differences. You can actually right click a track in NT and change the expression style to "Normal" (default is "Active"), which imo gives you a sound a lot more like their Vocaloid counterparts. This is with default settings across the board though:

First is Original, second is Whisper, third is Dark.

___

Oct 8, 2019
I don't think they messed up the dark vb showcase, it's just that the song is a poor choice, I don't think it's particularly good for showcasing jhgfdhg but yeah the soft is a different story.

Ironically NT dark reminds me of Miku's original vb more than NT original, I dunno whether it's on purpose or whether it's poor execution but I think it's mistake and a loss for them to not try to recreate the tone of Miku's og dark vb as much as possible since it's such iconic vb and a go-to for many producers, putting all things aside the og dark vb is just tonally waaay superior.

Chuchu

Luka enthusiast
Jul 18, 2018
Ironically NT dark reminds me of Miku's original vb more than NT original, I dunno whether it's on purpose or whether it's poor execution but I think it's mistake and a loss for them to not try to recreate the tone of Miku's og dark vb as much as possible since it's such iconic vb and a go-to for many producers, putting all things aside the og dark vb is just tonally waaay superior.
I really hope that they do something about NT Dark... or else the Japanese fandom has to clown on them like they did with Rin/Len act 1 to make Crypton do some serious changes =(

Reactions: ___

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
I'm disappointed with NT Dark as well - it sounds like a softer version of NT Original, but not in a good way. Dark was arguably one of the most iconic appends across all of Miku's Vocaloid versions, and it had a distinct tone to boot, which is now missing.

Strangely enough, Original now sounds more like an NT Solid to me, comparing it to both Whisper and Dark. I've previously complained about Solid being dropped since that was a personal favorite append of mine, so hearing NT Dark now, it seems like an odd trade off has happened behind the scenes - Original has gained more power, and Dark has lost its unique tone.

Pewe

Aspiring Fan
Dec 7, 2019
Dark sounds fine imo but I think the engine makes it “powerful” on the high notes which takes a lot from the soft / melancholic tone it’s supposed to have? She sounds good on lower notes to me.

Prism

Enthusiast
Jul 18, 2019
I wish nt was at a level where it would make me want to use her over vocaloid. I'm so sad about Miku dark it was one of my favorite vocaloid banks and nt dark+ sounds nothing like it. I hope they work on the engine more because it it still has that static tone to it.

D

Deleted member 6215

Don't want to sound negative, but It kinda wants to make me want to get Miku V3 or append instead tbh
Hell, even Miku V2...

Reactions: nachodorito

nachodorito

Aspiring Fan
Apr 21, 2021
I am severely dissapointed in the NT banks. Crypton had a GIGANTIC opportunity to make this work, and they took on their pride and didn't.

I wouldn't normally compare, but this is dissapointing.

Either Crypton gets it's shit together, hires an actual dev team to develop a competent engine instead of buying what could very well be the fucking Mobile VOCALOID Editor framework, or they're gonna have to continue selling V4X. Hell, maybe that was the point after all, make a new engine that's bad in purpose to be like "naurrrrr vokeylloyd is the best 🥺" and continue to be Yamaha's flagship vocal maker.

I usually wouldn't be so harsh but this isn't an indie engine made by a nobody, or a voicebank made by an indie company. This is Crypton, and this is SUPER dissapointing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)