• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Other Cryptonloid voicebank updates, collabs, & concert news (crypton_wat Twitter translations)

___

Oct 8, 2019
I'm sorry but that's quite nonsensical, if Crypton supposedly sucked Yamaha's toes and wanted to continue it's legacy they would've simply just made Miku V5 and it most likely would've been more profitable than NT too. It's rather apparent that despite being on good terms they're rather critical of Yamaha as some of their vb development got hindered and that they developed Piapro to go with their Vocaloids after V2 when Yamaha decided to sell the two separate and they disagreed with that.

nachodorito

Aspiring Fan
Apr 21, 2021
I'm sorry but that's quite nonsensical, if Crypton supposedly sucked Yamaha's toes and wanted to continue it's legacy they would've simply just made Miku V5 and it most likely would've been more profitable than NT too. It's rather apparent that despite being on good terms they're rather critical of Yamaha as some of their vb development got hindered and that they developed Piapro to go with their Vocaloids after V2 when Yamaha decided to sell the two separate and they disagreed with that.
Fair enough, still Crypton made a shitty product out of believing people would eat it up. Wat deserved better

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
uhhh soo I think Miku NT sounds fine, although that dark is disappointing and the whisper feels a little too rough for my taste.
And I know mistakes happen, but crypton using the wrong files again is so...weird lol? like tbh, when it happened during miku expo i was thinking "how does this happen, surely like at least 15 people working on this had to listen to this before it went live and how did no one notice??" and now this video? like does crypton...check their things before they post them? i hate to sound like a bitter betty but it's just weird to me. maybe they should strengthen their quality control a little bit haha.
overall, i don't have that strong of opinions on miku nt, i think the voicebank itself is fine but the way crypton has been handling the rollout has been so sloppy, im so curious as to whats going on behind the scenes.
i wish them the best though, because i really want a quality luka and meiko vb, so im just gonna manifest positive vibes for them :luka_lili::meiko_lili:

sketchesofpayne

Listening to Hatsune Miku since 2007
Jan 21, 2021
www.youtube.com
surely like at least 15 people working on this had to listen to this before it went live and how did no one notice??
A one minute fifty-five second video/song times fifteen people would be 28:45 minutes of "wasted" man-hours for a company. I doubt more than one person listened to it, if that.

Maybe the person who managed the audio files is out sick? Or left the company... or died. My mind always jumps to the worst-case scenario. But honestly, it can become a real problem if the company's network file system isn't monitored and maintained. It's not uncommon for the wrong files to end up in the wrong folder or misnamed if people don't pay close attention or there aren't strict file-sharing policies.

These mistakes happen all the time, but for most companies it isn't so public. The really puzzling thing is why they didn't pull down the video immediately once the mistake was discovered.

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
A one minute fifty-five second video/song times fifteen people would be 28:45 minutes of "wasted" man-hours for a company. I doubt more than one person listened to it, if that.
well, idk exactly how the whole process worked, but i wasnt so much imagining the final version getting sent to 15 people to watch, but more so for it to be made it had to go through a lot of hands. i guess i dont know at what point in the process the audio file was put on though, so maybe a lot of the people working on the earlier parts wouldn't have even heard it.

Reactions: Nezuh

Mika

crying over Rune Factory 6
Jul 5, 2018
Germany
Yeah I also still kinda wonder how the mix with the concert song happened.
What I can imagined happened was that they e-mailed the producer and asked for the most recent HQ version of the song, but didn't clarify that it's supposed to be the Rin version (maybe unfamiliar with the song/producer so didn't know about the Miku version). The producer thought they had to mean the Miku version since it was for Miku Expo so they send that. But from there.. was it labled wrong? Was it labeled as Rin instead of Miku? But even then did no one listen to it? Did they confuse Rin and Miku themselves while listening? So many questions.

It's kinda odd that there are so many errors and delays happening recently at Crypton. Makes me wonder if they are ok. Maybe everyone needs a break for a little while.

Pewe

Aspiring Fan
Dec 7, 2019
They still haven’t changed the video. Like at this point we can be 100% certain that’s the wrong audio, not even Dark sounds like that.

edit:
Anyways here are two great covers by the same user, one for Whisper and one for Dark. In case anyone wants to have a better listen to the banks’ capabilities:

Last edited:

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
Yeah I also still kinda wonder how the mix with the concert song happened.
What I can imagined happened was that they e-mailed the producer and asked for the most recent HQ version of the song, but didn't clarify that it's supposed to be the Rin version (maybe unfamiliar with the song/producer so didn't know about the Miku version). The producer thought they had to mean the Miku version since it was for Miku Expo so they send that. But from there.. was it labled wrong? Was it labeled as Rin instead of Miku? But even then did no one listen to it? Did they confuse Rin and Miku themselves while listening? So many questions.

It's kinda odd that there are so many errors and delays happening recently at Crypton. Makes me wonder if they are ok. Maybe everyone needs a break for a little while.
just to clarify a few things, Hokkaido prefecture (where Crypton HQ is located, in Sapporo city) was in state of emergency, together with other prefectures like Tokyo, Osaka, .. and only a few days ago the japanese government lifted a bit the state of emergency, but there are still many restrictions, and for office working it is still asked to do remote working as much as possible, or work with different hour shifts, .. so these kind of problems (wrong audio, video upload) can happen more often compared to the past, so please everybody understand the situation and give more time about that :miku_lili:
Another restriction was about no dinner with co-workers after work, and this had a big impact on all japanese companies, since it's in their culture to have dinner together with co-workers to discuss present and future projects.

and about PC hardware for running PiaPro studio and Miku NT, I'd recommend to use a SSD drive (at least 512GB) instead of HDD, because for a real time audio software, access time is very important. Also, whenever possible, please don't run any other applications in background, otherwise some cores/threads of the CPU will be reserved for the secondary applications and this will negatively impact the PC performance.

TEN0R_CL3F

New Fan
Jun 24, 2021
They still haven’t changed the video. Like at this point we can be 100% certain that’s the wrong audio, not even Dark sounds like that.

edit:
Anyways here are two great covers by the same user, one for Whisper and one for Dark. In case anyone wants to have a better listen to the banks’ capabilities:

Okay, for starters, Yasashii Suisei is a great song and I'm SO glad to hear a really nice Miku cover of it! Second, I can actually kinda hear the differences in the VBs now, though whisper more than anything... Dark is okay, but not perfect. I'm SO glad that the upload yesterday was an accident.

Pewe

Aspiring Fan
Dec 7, 2019
Okay, for starters, Yasashii Suisei is a great song and I'm SO glad to hear a really nice Miku cover of it! Second, I can actually kinda hear the differences in the VBs now, though whisper more than anything... Dark is okay, but not perfect. I'm SO glad that the upload yesterday was an accident.
Soft EVEC helps a LOT in making Dark sound a bit more like VOCALOID Dark, and the Accent EVEC kinda gives it a SOLID vibe to it, so I guess there’s that.

sapplerx

+-=÷x
Dec 26, 2020
United States

Translation- I'm sorry I haven't been able to Tweet for a while because I'm fluttering. Currently, we are preparing for planning / adjusting production from next month to the end of the year.※ Mikudayo will also be celebrating its 10th anniversary in that area. NT is also preparing for an update, with a medium-scale update scheduled for late next month or later. Thank you for your continued support.

Nezuh

Official Piko Husband
Apr 17, 2018
Argentina
www.youtube.com
umm I didn't see anyone talking about this here, but there are people saying that this track was taken from Project Sekai and it is in fact Luka NT.

But to me it kinda sounds like it's just an XSY with GUMI or something
I would usually be sure of that and dismiss it, except that it kinda sounds just like the original VSQx so I'm kinda confused lol
I could be wrong though

Again. Sorry if this is not the place. Mods, feel free to delete the message if needed.

ruffe

fka. luwo
Oct 24, 2020
🌎
Yup, that's Luka NT. It's very telling when you hear the particular NT artifacts show through in her voice, along with the exact same distortion present in Miku's voice because of (I'm assuming) the sample length and how the voicebanks are configured. Y'know, with them wanting NT banks to have an UTAU kinda feel.

link to the video on PuroSeka's youtube channel for good measure

Last edited:
Reactions: MillyAqualine

Pewe

Aspiring Fan
Dec 7, 2019
I still don’t know how they are building the NT voicebanks. They sure have a... unique tone (wether good or bad that’s another subject lol). Are they using just mono pitch - CV recording method? Cause if that’s the case then that’s impressive (not amazing sounding, but impressive indeed)

Reactions: MillyAqualine

Nezuh

Official Piko Husband
Apr 17, 2018
Argentina
www.youtube.com
wow, is it really her then?
damn. I mean, it doesn't really sound like Luka imo

She really sound a lot like Miku Solid (at 0:30, for example).
So much so that I really thought it was an XSY or something.

EDIT: Here is another one. I guess this is Luka NT and MEIKO NT then

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)