• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Other Cryptonloid voicebank updates, collabs, & concert news (crypton_wat Twitter translations)

Pewe

Aspiring Fan
Dec 7, 2019
Maybe I'm biased, but I actually find this Demo really impressive.
Sure, there are phoneme issues, but comparing her voice tone and clarity (even smoothness a bit) now to how it was in "hated by life itself", it's a night and day difference, which makes me really hopeful for this Voicebank :luka_lili:
yeah like, she still sounds wonky-ish but she actually sounds good for a voicebank in development for anew engine (also assuming it’s lower priority than the other’s Original+ vbs and Luka’s (if it’s indeed a separated one).

Also Sekai tuning can be a bit iffy so there’s that too (which funnily enough seems to happen mostly to Luka since the tuning for the others seem to have improved greatly, at least for Miku, Len and KAITO).

nachodorito

Aspiring Fan
Apr 21, 2021
yeah like, she still sounds wonky-ish but she actually sounds good for a voicebank in development for anew engine (also assuming it’s lower priority than the other’s Original+ vbs and Luka’s (if it’s indeed a separated one).

Also Sekai tuning can be a bit iffy so there’s that too (which funnily enough seems to happen mostly to Luka since the tuning for the others seem to have improved greatly, at least for Miku, Len and KAITO).
Don't get me wrong, she still sounds mediocre, but for Sekai NT Tuning, and considering it's a bank that uses a foreign language that is probably in alpha or early beta it's decent.

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
Them using this game as a way to show off alpha vocals bugs me. It makes me wonder what they could've sounded like singing these songs finished or using a closer voice bank (ex: Having Miku NT Original being used instead of Sweet since the other 2 voice banks aren't done), makes it seem like they're rushing the NT project even more than it already is, and it's kinda sad that we have to use these as a guessing game gauge for progress on their voice banks. I still don't think we'll see any of the Cryptonloids as NTs for A LONG TIME (as in a few years each). Miku's not even done. We're supposed to get a Miku NT update this month, we'll see how much that actually chips away at the overall unfinished-ness.

Pewe

Aspiring Fan
Dec 7, 2019
Them using this game as a way to show off alpha vocals bugs me. It makes me wonder what they could've sounded like singing these songs finished or using a closer voice bank (ex: Having Miku NT Original being used instead of Sweet since the other 2 voice banks aren't done), makes it seem like they're rushing the NT project even more than it already is, and it's kinda sad that we have to use these as a guessing game gauge for progress on their voice banks. I still don't think we'll see any of the Cryptonloids as NTs for A LONG TIME (as in a few years each). Miku's not even done. We're supposed to get a Miku NT update this month, we'll see how much that actually chips away at the overall unfinished-ness.
I think Crypton’s original plan was to “complete” Miku (as in, three banks + whatever they planned to add) before working more seriously on the others, but Craft Egg / Colorful Palette likes their gacha games having character balance so they just couldn’t ditch the others while exploiting Miku (which I’m pretty sure SEGA would be 100% ok with), so they started rotating the development.

imo they should’ve used the VOCALOID banks for the others, but I guess they didn’t want to continue using the engine they will no longer work with, plus changing vocals continuously mid-game’s life could be weird (?). I just wished they would get better tuners, Miku Symphony has also been using NT for some songs and they tend to sound better.

Also why do they refuse to use Dark or Whisper???!!! We literally got a glimpse of Luka English NT, which we didn’t even knew existed, before we could hear Whisper+.

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
They missed the projected Miku NT update for May.
Wat said they are updating all of the voice banks for the Cryptonloids but will be starting with Miku Original, Dark, Whisper.
They plan to provide 2 Miku NT updates in the "next few weeks".

He also mentioned Meiko talking smoothly and that there are a lot of updates to be done on Kaito, Luka, Meiko, Len so he won't be tweeting that much for the next 2-3 months.
Oh yeah, and he reminded us they're hiring.
Sounds like everything is going really well, huh!

Sep 21, 2019
Hoping things go well for them! I have my doubts sometimes, but they've yet to disappoint me with any of their Vocaloids and since this is their first time making a synth from scratch, I'm willing to give'em some leeway.
Ngl, if I lived in Japan I'd try to get a job with CFM. I've always wanted to be involved with production/behind-the-scenes stuff of vocal synths! :sukonetei_smile_lili:

Chuchu

Luka enthusiast
Jul 18, 2018
Has anyone tried the new update out and is happy to share their impression? It's always nice to hear what progress are made or if new issues arise.

Heard on Twitter that Miku NT Dark and Whisper are supposed to drop in two weeks. It's still a shame that Solid and Sweet were scrapped but I still hope that Crypton somehow repurposed them in a way (same for the unreleased falsetto append) .

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
Has anyone tried the new update out and is happy to share their impression? It's always nice to hear what progress are made or if new issues arise.

Heard on Twitter that Miku NT Dark and Whisper are supposed to drop in two weeks. It's still a shame that Solid and Sweet were scrapped but I still hope that Crypton somehow repurposed them in a way (same for the unreleased falsetto append) .
I installed the update and started to draw 3 notes too quickly and NT froze, then my entire computer froze and I had to restart. Like, every time I used NT in the past, you basically have to draw a note and wait for it to finish loading in the sound wave at the bottom, then draw the next one, but I decided to push the limit by drawing *gasp* 3 whole notes before any of them finished loading.
I haven't had time (not home much) to test it other than that short few minutes. It seemed like all the changes this round were bug fixes/voice bank tweaking they didn't really specify.

This is the tweet about them planning to release dark/whisper in 2 weeks *cough probably gonna be a little late like usual cough*:

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
I installed the update and started to draw 3 notes too quickly and NT froze, then my entire computer froze and I had to restart. Like, every time I used NT in the past, you basically have to draw a note and wait for it to finish loading in the sound wave at the bottom, then draw the next one, but I decided to push the limit by drawing *gasp* 3 whole notes before any of them finished loading.
I haven't had time (not home much) to test it other than that short few minutes. It seemed like all the changes this round were bug fixes/voice bank tweaking they didn't really specify.
Honestly, I didn’t have any of those issues. People tend to forget Piapro NT has some heavy requirements, on par with V5; there’s only so much you can blame on the software if you’re running it on a weaker computer. The only issue I can find with her is her connection of notes, and that’s more her programming than the software itself.

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
Honestly, I didn’t have any of those issues. People tend to forget Piapro NT has some heavy requirements, on par with V5; there’s only so much you can blame on the software if you’re running it on a weaker computer. The only issue I can find with her is her connection of notes, and that’s more her programming than the software itself.
There's a really mixed bag of people having smooth results with NT. I know some people that haven't been able to get it to run for the last few updates because it just crashes like crazy. Others are fine. For me, the last couple updates were pretty satisfying but this last one gave me trouble (I'll have to test it more, though, since I barely got to use it last time).

My specs >> Suggested specs by Crypton
OS: Windows 10 64 bit >> 10.11 / 10.12 / 10.13 / 10.14 / 10.15
CPU: Intel CPU E5 E5-1620 v3 (Quad core) >> Intel Multi-core processor(Inter Core i5 or better)
RAM: 16 GB >> 4GB or more (8GB or better)
HDD: 2 TB >> 8GB or more
Resolution: 1920 x 1080 >> 1280 x 768 pixels

I've compared specs with other people and pretty much everyone has Windows 10 + enough RAM and GB so I think problems occur depending on whether Miku hates you or not (lol)

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
There's a really mixed bag of people having smooth results with NT. I know some people that haven't been able to get it to run for the last few updates because it just crashes like crazy. Others are fine. For me, the last couple updates were pretty satisfying but this last one gave me trouble (I'll have to test it more, though, since I barely got to use it last time).

My specs >> Suggested specs by Crypton
OS: Windows 10 64 bit >> 10.11 / 10.12 / 10.13 / 10.14 / 10.15
CPU: Intel CPU E5 E5-1620 v3 (Quad core) >> Intel Multi-core processor(Inter Core i5 or better)
RAM: 16 GB >> 4GB or more (8GB or better)
HDD: 2 TB >> 8GB or more
Resolution: 1920 x 1080 >> 1280 x 768 pixels

I've compared specs with other people and pretty much everyone has Windows 10 + enough RAM and GB so I think problems occur depending on whether Miku hates you or not (lol)
This is sort of a long shot that occurred to me and probably doesn't mean anything, since you might well have checked already, but have you checked what your available RAM is while NT is running? (I.e., on Windows 10, I usually just go to the search bar in the lower left corner, type in "Task Manager," and then switch to the "Performance" tab.)

(For the benefit of anyone else reading who...might benefit...the RAM specs are good to know as a baseline when buying software, but as you open multiple programs at the same time, your RAM will gradually fill up. So, for example, if you're running Piapro NT as a standalone, I suspect you might use less RAM than if you use it as a VSTi (Which you can do at this point, right? Or is that not done yet?), since in that case your DAW would have to be running at the same time. Similarly, if you're using NT or NT/your DAW while also having a ton of browser tabs, word processing programs, etc., open, you might wind up running low on RAM.)

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
This is sort of a long shot that occurred to me and probably doesn't mean anything, since you might well have checked already, but have you checked what your available RAM is while NT is running? (I.e., on Windows 10, I usually just go to the search bar in the lower left corner, type in "Task Manager," and then switch to the "Performance" tab.)

(For the benefit of anyone else reading who...might benefit...the RAM specs are good to know as a baseline when buying software, but as you open multiple programs at the same time, your RAM will gradually fill up. So, for example, if you're running Piapro NT as a standalone, I suspect you might use less RAM than if you use it as a VSTi (Which you can do at this point, right? Or is that not done yet?), since in that case your DAW would have to be running at the same time. Similarly, if you're using NT or NT/your DAW while also having a ton of browser tabs, word processing programs, etc., open, you might wind up running low on RAM.)
All I normally have up when doing songs with Miku NT is Firefox, Discord, Dropbox in the background, and Piapro NT. I do agree that the RAM is a potential problem for all users to be aware of and I'm glad you brought it up. I think next time I use NT and start drawing notes, I would be curious to keep my eye on the Task Manager for science, haha.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
All I normally have up when doing songs with Miku NT is Firefox, Discord, Dropbox in the background, and Piapro NT. I do agree that the RAM is a potential problem for all users to be aware of and I'm glad you brought it up. I think next time I use NT and start drawing notes, I would be curious to keep my eye on the Task Manager for science, haha.
One other idea I had was the network connection. NT requires an always-available internet connection. Though...I thought?...that was supposed to only be for activation purposes? If that weren't the case, though, if your network were busy/didn't have enough bandwidth for all the stuff you were doing, that might be a cause. Discord and Dropbox would probably semi-continuously be using your network (to check messages or sync files); depending on what it's doing (e.g., playing online videos, or having lots of tabs open), I guess Firefox could be the same. If the network were the cause, you'd expect the variation in performance between different users, and you might also expect varying success in your usage personally.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)