• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Other Cryptonloid voicebank updates, collabs, & concert news (crypton_wat Twitter translations)

Silver1063

Aspiring Fan
Apr 19, 2019
Q6 = Is it possible for Teto to be in Vocaloid or NT? > Wat says Teto won't be Teto-ey on other engines > Chat and Teto want to hear Teto on other engines but like the other questions, Wat kind of seemed like uhhh, avoiding giving a solid answer.
GIVE US TETO ON NT DAMMIT, I WILL NOT BE REDUCED TO USING UTAU FOR MY FAV

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
You don't have to be "reduced" to anything to use Utau. It's a perfectly fine engine, even if the learning curve is steeper, and worthy of its place of honor with Vocaloid and SynthV. Nonetheless, Teto on NT would be so cool holy crap... but I do wonder just how well her iconic sound would transfer over in a new engine. We had that little demo of her in Vocaloid, though given they supplemented her recordings with some of Miku's recordings I don't feel that was a completely truthful rendering.

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
Speaking as someone who heard a brief demo of Teto on V4 (courtesy of Crypton), I wouldn't support Teto on another engine if her voice would lose what makes her sound recognisably like Teto (much like how Miku is so iconic she sounds like Miku, if that makes any sense lol). If Crypton could pull Teto off on NT, it would be super cool, but if not, I'd be happy for Teto to remain on UTAU.

Btw, UTAU isn't that bad of a program. It's a pain in the ass to set up because you need to change your system locale to Japanese in order to get it working properly, and it's a bit outdated compared to other synths nowadays due to a lack of updates, but it still works fine. In fact, some UTAUs have a level of quality comparable to that of some Vocaloids and SynthVs nowadays.

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
Honestly, I feel like Wat saying Teto wouldn't sound like Teto is a polite way to say "no". When they were making Miku NT, Wat said on multiple occasions that they edited the samples to be as short as possible in order to replicate the not-completely-human charm of UTAU.

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018

🤔

Could you guys explain what he's talking about? People are already making wild assumptions.
Crappy Google translation: "Thank you for your many applications for the recruitment of audio production jobs that we announced the other day. We apologize for the delay in replying due to the year-end and New Year holidays, but thank you for your cooperation."

Has Crypton been looking for new employees lately? It could refer to anything, not just NT. I'd rather wait for a formal translation before speculating on anything further, though.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Crappy Google translation: "Thank you for your many applications for the recruitment of audio production jobs that we announced the other day. We apologize for the delay in replying due to the year-end and New Year holidays, but thank you for your cooperation."

Has Crypton been looking for new employees lately? It could refer to anything, not just NT. I'd rather wait for a formal translation before speculating on anything further, though.
They have. I think it's related to the production of sounds used in a game, though.

Reactions: mahalisyarifuddin

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
If I took an educated guess this is directly related to Project Sekai, and if I were to go even further I'd say Wat is hiring extra programmers to lessen the workload on himself. Since he's said himself he was tied up working on Sekai a lot this year, it's probably stuff like improving the voicebanks used for the other Crypton characters as well as tuning the covers, etc., based on the job description given. More programmers means Miku NT gets updated quicker and can have more focus, which is a good thing.

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
The Miku NT update that got pushed back by a week to 10 days is late with no word, it's Sunday in Japan, probably won't see the update til March.

I really wish Wat would STOP rushing to announce these updates that are clearly not ready, and then delaying them by a ridiculously short period of time (ex: his usual 2 weeks). This is so incredibly stupid. I can't help but get my hopes up and then he snatches it away every single time. Almost all of these updates has been delayed at least once, sometimes twice. It is clear this software is not stable, fast, or even ready for the additional 2 voice banks.

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
Thinking about it, I remembered that Crypton was making a "semi-automatic tuning plug-in" aimed at beginners/helped improve the sound of Cryptonloids. Where'd that ever go? Wat kept bragging about it before NT came out and now it's never mentioned. NT doesn't have plug-in capabilities like VOCALOID does. And there isn't anything obvious in NT that assists with tuning at present.

Are they even gonna do anything with Cherry Pie either? What was the point in making that?

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Are they even gonna do anything with Cherry Pie either? What was the point in making that?
Cherry Pie was a personal project, wasn’t it? Just a cool little tool they came up with and then showcased. We’re not owed something just because we see it and decide we want it. Like, it’d be cool, but to this day I don’t see what the big deal is.

Reactions: ___

Prism

Enthusiast
Jul 18, 2019
I'm with you uncreepy, nt seems rushed or incomplete. Cherry pie was way more interesting than anything nt has released. I feel like that auto tuning might come out down the line nt seems very rushed and with the anime coming I feel like they're going to be even more busy.

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
I'm with you uncreepy, nt seems rushed or incomplete. Cherry pie was way more interesting than anything nt has released. I feel like that auto tuning might come out down the line nt seems very rushed and with the anime coming I feel like they're going to be even more busy.
The team in charge of the vocal synthesis software is not involved in animation (they're not artists), that's Graphics India's job andthe Crypton CEO is just overseeing it. Crypton has several departments for different duties, but they're always up to multiple things at once (ex: apps, collabs, software, concerts, etc).

Cherry Pie was a personal project, wasn’t it?
I would say Beef Jerky was a personal project (the vocoder for iPhone using corpus voices). Cherry Pie got at least 1 award and had more than 1 poster presentation, so it seems like a waste to go through the trouble of making Miku, Len, and Rin compatible with it, then just casting it aside. I would've thought they would at least use it for concerts and collab audio, but they haven't seemed to touch it since?

(Sorry for being negative about Crypton today, I'm just annoyed.)

blackout

Passionate Fan
Apr 13, 2018
I like NT as a concept but it still feels too much like an early access Steam game at this point... they should've kept it branded as a prototype/beta version cause it's been months since the official release and we still haven't even heard anything about the two append voices Miku was supposed to come with. It's clear that they've been struggling with development for a while and it's understandable cause COVID is a bitch amongst other factors but Miku NT shipped out incomplete and the constant update delays are frustrating to users who paid full price expecting a decent working product by release.

Perhaps it doesn't matter that much in the end but I feel like that "hey pre-order our product have a taste of what we're developing and give us your feedback" is a better marketing point than "buy our product this is an official release it's incomplete but it'll eventually be good maybe". And then whenever NT reaches a satisfactory level of quality is when they ship it out to stores.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)