• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

General Discussion Thread

KingPapillon

vocal synth weirdo
Nov 2, 2020
Yep, I meant the browser language. That is weird, though. I'm kind of surprised if the site is keeping you from getting the Mac installer, unless when you purchased (i.e. without Mac support) is really a different product than the version with Mac support from Crypton's perspective. :miku2_move:

Glad you got your issue sorted!
I have no idea, all I know is that I was able to activate Kaito v3 mac with the registration code I had, so yeah..

Reactions: mobius017

KingPapillon

vocal synth weirdo
Nov 2, 2020
Kaito V3 box does come with a MAC disc, it is a yellow disc. :kaito_smile_lili:
Wow, well mine for sure didn't. It only has one cd which contains the windows installer for his voicebanks, and an additional cd for studio one. The rest of the box is just pamphlets and a black foam sponge piece. I actually just checked his wiki page KAITO V3 ,so yeah, his mac update did come way after I bought him in 2014, so that makes sense that I wouldn't find it in his box. That's probably why sonicwire customer service isn't of very much help, they probably keep assuming I should have physical access to it, even though they should see that my box is an initial release version.

Stardust

Vocal Synth Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2020
I cannot stop laughing over the meduka is beauty picture. One of my favorite videos.
Mine had the grey disc I believe. I am not sure why they would change disc colors, but oh well.
I am glad everything went well @KingPapillon , I recommend backing up the installer somewhere so in case your computer ever dies, you will not have to run into this trouble again.

KingPapillon

vocal synth weirdo
Nov 2, 2020
Week 4 of contacting Sonicwire support, after some more back and forth where they asked me to explain in further detail, and I provided screenshots of nearly every page I could think of with accompanying descriptions in both Japanese and English, I woke up to a new response since they tend to only reply every 2 days, aaaaand..

IMG_4764.jpg

I've officially given up on Sonicwire lool. I hope that none of you ever have to deal with getting a kaito mac installer from them for any reason.

WyndReed

Dareka tasukete!
Apr 8, 2018
???, New York
Can someone tell me about Ausgris? I remember hearing about the vb, but can’t recall much about it and googling doesn’t seem to get me any information.

KingPapillon

vocal synth weirdo
Nov 2, 2020
So, uh... Vocatone's alive? Maybe? Wouldn't be the first time they promised something and then dropped off the face of the planet, but...

My hopes:
Either a new English Vocaloid with Zero G, or some other new distributor, (Just please not PowerFX pleas)
orrr...
A new English SynthV voice!

I'd be surprised if they're bringing Ausgris back from the dead, but if they are, that would be kind of neat I guess. I'd still prefer more female English voicebanks, because there isn't very much variety yet, and English Female Vocaloids tend to be easier to use for me, but I'll take anything I can get.

i think this was a demo of ausgris's voice
Yeah I remember this.. The voice itself was kind of nice, and I'm positive that this was just an early beta vb because it didn't sound like there was a lower pitch recorded, but if it was recorded, then damn, those low notes sound really distorted. If they do bring Ausgris back, they should really try to focus on doing something unique to make the vb stand out because honestly, Fukase English and DEX have already kind of filled in this sound and role naturally since that time.

KingPapillon

vocal synth weirdo
Nov 2, 2020
PowerFX isn't developing vocaloids anymore.
I am aware! But If there's anything I've learned with watching Vocaloid releases, it is that no one's word is reliable and circumstances change. Vocatone's last two Vocaloids were with PowerFX after all, but after the messy rollout of RUBY and the slight waning of Vocaloid's popularity in the international scene since, I doubt they want to get back into it. The only reason I bought it up was because of Vocatone's past with them.

(My personal huge gripe with PFX really is how their Vocaloid distributions were never Mac compatible, rip me ever buying and owning Oliver lol)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)