Unpopular Opinions

AmazingStrange39

Aspiring Fan
May 23, 2019
I don't really have that many opinions as such except that I actually like Miku V3 English. Sure, the accent is stronger than V4 but the tone of her voice can be good for certain songs in terms of aesthetic, which is something I feel like most people don't really see
DUUUDE

V3 ENGLISH MIKU SQUAD

yes yeees! the tone difference is a big thing imo. fiddling with xsy is tons of fun

Kazumimi

Sukone Tei Propagandist
Staff member
On the subject of Len... Len V4x Power > Rin V4x Power (I won't compare their softer banks because I never touch Len's, lol). This is coming from someone who "mains" them as her main Vocaloids. I love Rin, don't get me wrong; she's my favorite overall by an admittedly small margin, but I find their her power vocals are really wimpy in comparison to Len. Whereas Len maintains his strength in his higher register, Rin's voice starts to become feeble and kind of annoying to work with. It feels like I have to do extra to make her maintain power which... I don't think I should have to do for a power bank??
yeah, i think rin is more realistic than len myself. i don't dislike len though i am a bit annoyed that he's "babied" so much by fans
Gonna have to disagree on Rin being more realistic than Len--speaking again as someone who uses them both, Rin sounds more "electronic" (which is what I love about her) than Len does.
Also I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean about him being "babied" by fans--I wish I saw him being treated like that more often; all I ever see is "haha stinky rat-boy pervert Len shitpost memelord" kind of stuff and by god is it annoying. It's always either that, or borderline creepy sh*tac*n fuel which is ew, um... no thanks!

Last edited:

luwo

Resident CUL Supremacist
Oct 24, 2020
UK
After using SynthV exclusively for a week straight, I think I'm ready to voice my opinion on some stuff regarding it.

My first impression was all well and good, but going into it a little more, I'm of the opinion that it's a program with both a low skill floor and a low skill ceiling. that's not to say you can't get good results out of SynthV, but you're limited by both the parameters' effectiveness, the capabilities/quality of the voicebanks, and the engine itself. The engine is by no means poor, but it's also wildly hit-or-miss when it comes to voicebanks and noise.

Most of my experience is with AI banks so I'm only going off of what I've experienced, but there is an inherent artificiality present in their voices, more so than any other synths I've used. Untuned, there is not much to them at all, and when I compared the pitch of SynthV banks to Vocaloid banks, the former are completely devoid of any deviation in pitch - singing like a literal robot. Paired with it's engine noise and you're left with a quite... mediocre sounding voicebank that has more in common with the sound of an UTAU than an AI bank. Vocaloid has a much easier time sounding normal while untuned as opposed to SynthV, despite its deviations in pitch.

regarding the flat pitch (raw output)
comp.png

Last edited:

AmazingStrange39

Aspiring Fan
May 23, 2019
On the subject of Len... Len V4x Power > Rin V4x Power (I won't compare their softer banks because I never touch Len's, lol). This is coming from someone who "mains" them as her main Vocaloids. I love Rin, don't get me wrong; she's my favorite overall by an admittedly small margin, but I find their her power vocals are really wimpy in comparison to Len. Whereas Len maintains his strength in his higher register, Rin's voice starts to become feeble and kind of annoying to work with. It feels like I have to do extra to make her maintain power which... I don't think I should have to do for a power bank??

Gonna have to disagree on Rin being more realistic than Len--speaking again as someone who uses them both, Rin sounds more "electronic" (which is what I love about her) than Len does.
Also I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean about him being "babied" by fans--I wish I saw him being treated like that more often; all I ever see is "haha stinky rat-boy pervert Len shitpost memelord" kind of stuff and by god is it annoying. It's always either that, or borderline creepy sh*tac*n fuel which is ew, um... no thanks!
i'm talking about the people who are fangirls i guess? the ones that almost treat him like a favorite celebrity. not that there's anything necessarily bad about that

well, what i mean is len sounds voice acted

also maybe "babied" was a strong word. i probably picked it up from some complaints against miku back in the day.

i've never really been the hugest fan of len's tone myself although i kinda like his english voicebank? between the tones of the two, at least in japanese i like rin better

on an unrelated note her voice brings up the image of a lemon for me for some reason even though she's supposed to be associated with oranges

yeah, len's power bank is high quality for sure.

tangent: i wonder how convincingly male len can sound with gender factor

len-der factor? yeah i dunno

Reactions: Kazumimi

Kazumimi

Sukone Tei Propagandist
Staff member
i'm talking about the people who are fangirls i guess? the ones that almost treat him like a favorite celebrity. not that there's anything necessarily bad about that
Ohh, I see what you mean now! Yeah--nothing inherently bad about it unless they get extreme about it!
on an unrelated note her voice brings up the image of a lemon for me for some reason even though she's supposed to be associated with oranges
It's funny that you say that, because I really get what you mean! Her voice feels very "tangy" to me if that makes sense!

And unpopular opinion to make sure I don't throw things off topic; I'm also not a huge fan of Project Sekai. It was for a little while but it ended up feeling very stale to me and I'm not a huge fan of the gacha concept being used for a rhythm game.

Reactions: morrysillusion

AmazingStrange39

Aspiring Fan
May 23, 2019
Ohh, I see what you mean now! Yeah--nothing inherently bad about it unless they get extreme about it!

It's funny that you say that, because I really get what you mean! Her voice feels very "tangy" to me if that makes sense!

And unpopular opinion to make sure I don't throw things off topic; I'm also not a huge fan of Project Sekai. It was for a little while but it ended up feeling very stale to me and I'm not a huge fan of the gacha concept being used for a rhythm game.
yeah, same here. i don't like how it's this visual novel drama that overshadows the virtual singers? the idea of a different version of them for each sekai is pretty cool though, and the 2.5d models are pretty cool

Reactions: Kazumimi

Mika

crying over Rune Factory 5
Jul 5, 2018
Germany
I'm just gonna throw out that Project Sekai's story is really great, the artworks are fantastic, the rythm game aspect is super fun and you can really see the care that goes into the 3D MV's. But man, the gacha has some HORRIBLE rates, and it's so deceiving since it doesn't look bad at first glance, but after playing for a year I can definitely say that almost every single 10 pull will only have one 3 star or one 4 star. That's it. You get so little for the time you spend grinding it's ridiculous. They almost make it obvious that they want you to be frustrated and spend money, and yeah.. that's not a good look. And that's coming from me, someone who loves gacha games and plays way too many. The time spent for what you get is just not worth it, definitely a whale game and I hate that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)