• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

CeVIO Updated IA/IA English/ONE banks coming to Cevio AI

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
I went back and watched the teaser for H because I was curious if they had an audio clip of her or not.

(I was wondering if they will re-record/update her for CeVIO, if the voice provider is still related to 1st Place, or if they didn't actually have a voice provider but the clip didn't answer any of those questions lol)

I realized that I can translate the clip of the man talking at the beginning, this is what he said:
驚きの発表ですよ
Odoroki no happyou desu yo
We have a surprise announcement!

同じくソフトウェア関連の(?)ニュースなんですけども、またこちらの映像をご覧いただきましょう
Onajiku SOFUTOWEA kanren no (?) NYUUSU na n desu kedomo, mata kochira no eizou o goran-itadakimashou
It's also software-related (?) news, but let's watch the following footage as well
(Note that I am not 100% sure he said "kedomo" and "goran")

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
I talked to a user on Twitter about H and it seems that the consensus was that the model for this promo is Hirari Ikeda (池田ひらり).

This article by Hoshi had some screen shots about her having the same necklace and linked to an article with more photos of her.
model.jpg

I realized that this is most definitely the same person. Their choker, mole, cheeks, and eye make up + contact lenses look so similar. But it looks like she is no longer active on social media (all posts deleted) and she doesn't have a singing history, so I guess she really was just a model for this teaser after all and probably not the voice provider. (If they even had a voice provider, that is.)

CdrSonan

Passionate Fan
Sep 12, 2019
1st place announced they are going to do a crowdfunding on Campfire soon. I assume it's for H, but the Google translation of the Tweet is just gibberish, so I'm not too sure. Aria Theater sounds more like the title of a live show :unsure:

Last edited:

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
"#H" is cracking me up, haha.

I don't think they'll change her name before release. If anything she'll have the title "- Aria of the Planetes -" like IA and One do, so she won't be a complete nightmare to look up. (But have fun typing it every time)

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
The reading of her name is ヒッピ (pronounced like "hip-pi/heap-ee"). I can only think of 70s hippies. The crowdfunding page is a lot to take in, it has a lot of lore and it's just very rainbow-riffic and strange.

Exemplar

Veteran
May 17, 2018
The reading of her name is ヒッピ (pronounced like "heap-ee"). I can only think of 70s hippies. The crowdfunding page is a lot to take in, it has a lot of lore and it's just very rainbow-riffic and strange.
That and the new live show is going to have strong environmental themes on top of how active hippies were in the environmentalist movement.

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
I just realized she has not one but 2 Star of Davids in her hair. And that they revealed her face without a mask.
image0.jpg

Edit: Wait, I can't tell if it's actually 3 stars? (there's something peeking out on the other side of her neck)

Reactions: MillyAqualine

YOYo_MAMA

I am Thou and Thou aren't Shit...
Oct 19, 2018
I don't know if it was intentional but theater entrance? behind H or Hippi (...God that will take some getting used to) looks like it's wearing a huge cowboy hat with the words Aria Theater. Or maybe it's just the concept draft, it might get redesigned for the final phase.

And who comes up with those names? If anything like IA's, there should be someone with a "Hippi" in their name some where.

• Haha
Reactions: uncreepy

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
I'm not gonna lie, I'm genuinely devastated that her name isn't just H. It would have made searching for her nearly impossible, but it's a price I would be willing to pay to have a character with a single letter name. It's just so stupid and I wanted it to be real.
No kidding, I just feel this weird emptiness finding out she isn't called H, we won't have to Google "ecchi", and somehow being named HIPPI is stupid/weird yet not as stupid/weird as being simply named H would have been. It was too weird to top the mental expectation, I guess.

CdrSonan

Passionate Fan
Sep 12, 2019
I'm feeling in a similar way about her name.
I'm not sure what I was expecting her full name to be (though I'd have been fine with her being called just H as well)
but Hippi sounds strangely underwhelming. "IA" and "ONE" flow better and sound more poetic to me

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
I'm feeling in a similar way about her name.
I'm not sure what I was expecting her full name to be (though I'd have been fine with her being called just H as well)
but Hippi sounds strangely underwhelming. "IA" and "ONE" flow better and sound more poetic to me
IA and ONE as names at least evoke a mysterious, alien nature. Hippi doesn't fit in with the previous names, and just sounds weird in a bad way, considering the name of the project is Aria of the Planetes. It feels "off brand", basically.

Pewe

Aspiring Fan
Dec 7, 2019
I hope everyone just calls her H until 1st places caves in and makes that her official name.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)