• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

CeVIO Updated IA/IA English/ONE banks coming to Cevio AI

___

Oct 8, 2019
I would be very surprised if someone who can't speak Japanese bothered buying an expensive TTS IA voicebank for a few very short joke talkloid videos due to being unable to fully utilize the bank.
From perspective of someone who barely speaks japanese: I've been contemplating on getting ONE and if I were to get her I'd get her talk too because there are songs with prominent "talk" parts like Yoshiwara Lament and Beast dance or I could add "talk" parts to enhance the cover, I've been considering getting talk vbs of the vocaloids I own in the far future for the same reason. I'm in the minority I know but still...

Even if IA is supposed to be her own thing ( not arguing on that part, it's fair, I think even her V3s sound nothing like Lia anyways ) well....I'd be pretty upset if in the middle of the song I used a talk and it sounds absolutely nothing like the singer and could be mistaken for somebody else, you can get away with it more in quick talkloid skits but when put next to one another it sticks out like a sore thumb.

blackout

Passionate Fan
Apr 13, 2018
Her Talk voice sounding like this isn't too surprising since it's pretty much the same voice on old Cevio except a lot clearer. Which doesn't make the difference in tones between her voices any less... weird but yeah. I'm not that big of a fan either but I can't say I care much cuz I'm more here for the singing synths haha. Her english voice sounded a lot more like Lia than her V3 banks ever did (even under old Cevio's engine noise) so I can't wait to hear how her AI song voices sound.

Still, the difference in quality here is really nice and I can't wait to hear how ONE sounds.

WyndReed

Dareka tasukete!
Apr 8, 2018
???, New York
It’s definitely sounds like the quality is better, which is great, but it doesn’t sound as fluid as Rikka’s cevio ai talk bank. I was hoping that IA’s talk bank would have been re-recorded, but it kinda sounds like they reused the old samples instead.(unless I’m wrong. Feel free to correct me)

___

Oct 8, 2019
It’s definitely sounds like the quality is better, which is great, but it doesn’t sound as fluid as Rikka’s cevio ai talk bank. I was hoping that IA’s talk bank would have been re-recorded, but it kinda sounds like they reused the old samples instead.(unless I’m wrong. Feel free to correct me)
Not sure Cevios been good at being near identical to it's sample-based counterparts.

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018

I'm dumb and realized that they use her old voice bank for about 20 seconds before revealing the "reborn" version (her words, not mine) labeled as Normal.

I went back and re-listened to IA's audio from yesterday and IA's is revealed at 26 seconds when the Normal label appears. I guess I was so distracted/not invested in CeVIO AI at all, so I wasn't actually paying attention to what she said when I listened to it because I was doing more than 1 thing at once.

CdrSonan

Passionate Fan
Sep 12, 2019
I noticed a slight difference when she switched to „normal“, but without understanding most of the text I didn‘t pay it much attention and thought it was only because of the music volume being reduced

The difference is a lot more noticable in ONE‘s demo, and I think she actually sounds less „artificially cute“ with the default settings than before. And that‘s in addition to being smoother and more emotional
This is a big upgrade!

CdrSonan

Passionate Fan
Sep 12, 2019
I hope so as well! :ia_ani_lili::one_smile_lili:
But based on that we got the talking demos only 1 and 2 days before their release I wouldn‘t count on it

(Btw, sry for the double post)

Reactions: lIlI

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
ONE Talk AI pretty much sounds like what I expected from an update. At the very least, she still sounds similar to her singing bank, unlike IA Talk.

___

Oct 8, 2019
I'm dumb and realized that they use her old voice bank for about 20 seconds before revealing the "reborn" version (her words, not mine) labeled as Normal.

I went back and re-listened to IA's audio from yesterday and IA's is revealed at 26 seconds when the Normal label appears.
I found that odd cuz I remembered IA's talk being way worse than that but when I dug into it I guess she's improved in her lifespan...but in that retrospect it's not that big of improvement now.

But I do welcome that slight tone change in ONE's talk, mainly cuz she and IA's talk sounded little too similar imo.

But damn if both of their bright voices aren't grating 😅

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
I didn't realize how similar IA and ONE sound, comments in Japanese and English even criticized it in the comments.

They show their voices being edited with CeVIO AI parameters and then say there's gonna be crowdfunding next month (14th) for VR ARIA THEATER.

Their buzzy/muffled engine noise seems to stand out a lot now that I hear this long clip.
All I can think about it Sparx from Spyro, honestly...

By the way, a drawing of H shows up at 8:38 and says
h.png
IA:
「H」ネエチャンの情報は?
"H"-NEE-CHAN no jouhou wa?
What's the news on big sister "H"?

ONE:
パイセンの情報は来月です!お楽しみに!!!
PAISEN no jouhou wa raigetsu desu! O-tanoshimi ni!!!
News about senpai will be next month! Look forward to it!!!
(Note: PAISEN = kanji of senpai switched around to sound comedic/slangy/casual)

The video ends with an ONE song.

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
I just wish they sounded distinct enough to justify both of them being separate products, y’know? It’s like Kiritan and Itako AI all over again, and honestly, it’s kinda sad. It’s not just similar voice TYPES, it’s all-out similar VOICES.

Mm... I acknowledge this might be hypocritical, as I’m already let down by everything CeVIO AI has put out so far, but I was still hoping IA’s song bank would break the cycle.

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
I just wish they sounded distinct enough to justify both of them being separate products, y’know? It’s like Kiritan and Itako AI all over again, and honestly, it’s kinda sad. It’s not just similar voice TYPES, it’s all-out similar VOICES.
THIS. I can't help but be disappointed in CeVIO AI. I feel like we waited so long for new products and they are... inconsistent at best. I feel like when they release Sasara, she will probably sound very similar to the new IA and ONE, too.

For H's name, I think I remember seeing a tweet where they kind of mentioned it being a code name, but they post so frequently, it's very hard to know how long ago the post was made. Come to think of it, 1st place's name as a company is confusing/generic in addition to IA, ONE, and H. Just a weird mixed bag of names that are hard to Google. I legitimately do not know why they are calling her H because of the whole H = hentai thing, I hope that her actual name just starts with the letter H so we can all sleep at night.

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
morrysillusion.wixsite.com
i dont have a huge interest in IA/ONE but taking a look and i just cant say i love how it sounds... there really is an issue with how similar they sound and of course i would also be saying i dont like the higher pitched cuter voice of IA theyve gone too- but i do get why they changed it. however the fact that changing it made it more generic than ever...? yeah thats not great. and every time i hear cevio that voice fuzziness just kills me man!! its so bad. i cant anything has made me excited for Cevio AI and its a shame.... i hoped thered be some obvious changes/improvements mostly being able to compare IA and ONE but im left disappointed by the results tbh.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)