• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

What Anime are you watching Right now or Planning on Watching?

Twillby

Longtime Listener
Apr 8, 2018
US
After watching eleven episodes on Netflix and then finding out they cut out important post-credit scenes, I started Tiger & Bunny all over again on Hulu. No regrets, I'm definitely enjoying it a lot more this time. (Shocking, I know...)

I'm also kind of watching Jojo, by which I mean I'm reading the manga and then after finishing each part rewatching the anime version jdsl I'm on Battle Tendency right now (halfwayish through the manga of it atm)

OtakuKiarra

☐single ☐taken ☑mentally dating Kaito Shion
May 8, 2019
I'm currently watching RWBY (my favorite), My Hero Academia, and Cells at Work! All three are great!!

Sep 21, 2019
Currently watching My Hero Academia. I had lost interest in initially but picked it up again since it had a movie release recently that I want to go see, and it's so good? Like, it's got really good action but also gets really cute and wholesome at times??? It's really inspirational and motivational. I'm not even much of anime person, but I really enjoy My Hero!

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
Currently watching Magia Record: Madoka Magica Gaiden. Nine episodes in (I'm watching it as the episodes come out every week), and I'd say it's more lighthearted to some degree compared to the original series. Episode 9 has only just featured the first "death" in the series (which probably doesn't really count, considering what happens and who the victim is... I won't spoil anything.) But I'm guessing since it's not far off from finishing now (unless it gets a second season), the darkness might ramp up next episode.

Blue Of Mind

Apr 8, 2018
Currently watching the new Higurashi anime.
Unlike what some promos have suggested, it's not a remake of the first anime at all. The second episode has revealed it's a sequel to the first anime instead. Looks like something has gone wrong after Matsuribayashi-hen, based on Rika's convo to Hanyuu in the second ep.

Reactions: Twillby

Twillby

Longtime Listener
Apr 8, 2018
US
I'm watching the new Higurashi too. (Your post actually reminded me to go watch the new episode rofl) I wish they had been clearer ahead of time that it wasn't a plain remake because I've seen a number of people who aren't familiar with the series following it and now they're all kind of spoiled on the main series... Really weird choice. But other than that I'm excited for it

Last edited:
Reactions: Blue Of Mind

Blue Of Mind

Apr 8, 2018
I'm watching the new Higurashi too. (Your post actually reminded me to go watch the new episode rofl) I wish they had been clearer ahead of time that it wasn't a plain remake because I've seen a number of people who aren't familiar with the series following it and now they're all kind of spoiled on the main series... Really weird choice. But other than that I'm excited for it
I'm actually kind of glad it's a sequel rather than a remake, because it means we'll most likely see the old scenarios play out in different ways. The ending theme showed some artwork of the most infamous moments from the original series (Keiichi killing Rena and Mion, Satoko's abuse, the Sonozaki family in general, etc.), so I'm guessing we'll see those scenes again under different contexts. The first episode caught me off-guard because in the first half, it looked the same as the very first arc of the original series, but it quickly began to diverge in the second half.

Reactions: Twillby

andantina

Jun 10, 2020
ashes to ashes
catching up on Haikyuu, since i heard the manga ended and i haven't watched it seriously since season 1. Glad to see its just as energetic as it used to be!

usually i watch two anime of contrasting moods at a time, and the other one i'm watching right now is Aria the Animation. The aesthetic and music is super relaxing and it's quickly becoming one of my favorite anime.

Sep 21, 2019
I’ve been watching Tropical Rogue Precure lately! I got into it back when there were only a small handful of episodes and it’s been fun watching everything as it release. It may not have the impressive plot other anime’s have, but it’s still a very fun and lighthearted show. The characters are very likable and the soundtrack is great, too. Also the opening is certainly one you don’t want to skip; it does a good job getting you excited to watch the episode and is very fun and energetic!
The transformation sequences are great, too; they’re very snappy, fluid, and get straight to the point. Also the designs are fantastic!!
Would definitely recommend this to anyone who wants something fun to watch.
Laura’s transformation into Cure La Mer was incredibly well done. The gradual build up and character development across the previous episodes was so well done, I ended up crying tears of joy when she transformed. Punched me right in the “feels” as they say!

Reactions: nalondollie

___

Oct 8, 2019
I’ve been watching Tropical Rogue Precure lately! I got into it back when there were only a small handful of episodes and it’s been fun watching everything as it release. It may not have the impressive plot other anime’s have, but it’s still a very fun and lighthearted show. The characters are very likable and the soundtrack is great, too. Also the opening is certainly one you don’t want to skip; it does a good job getting you excited to watch the episode and is very fun and energetic!
The transformation sequences are great, too; they’re very snappy, fluid, and get straight to the point. Also the designs are fantastic!!
Would definitely recommend this to anyone who wants something fun to watch.
Laura’s transformation into Cure La Mer was incredibly well done. The gradual build up and character development across the previous episodes was so well done, I ended up crying tears of joy when she transformed. Punched me right in the “feels” as they say!
Man I've been meaning to get into Pretty Cure for the longest time! I prolly should take the initiative already fghjk sounds promising!

The anime I'm planning on watching is Digimon Ghost Game, I'm super into digimon but I've gotten worse at catching up with the franchise because they've been doing so much Adventure stuff after Appmon ( my 2nd fav digimon season 🥺 ) and I'd be lying if I said it's a digimon-verse I feel all that strongly about, I always love when they do something new and Ghost Game seems like it!

From what I've heard it is horror-esque which is right up my alley ( tipically when I and my gf watch a movie, it's of the horror genre fghjkhj it's our interest! ) and you can definitely see it in the intro

I got into digimon around the time Appmon concluded so I'm happy to be around for brand new digimon anime in a new verse!

• Love
Reactions: Scarlet Illusion

RoidoP

YURIalterΞgø
Oct 29, 2021
Philippines
www.youtube.com
This seem like a fun topic to discuss so I ofc made a thread to discuss what anime you are watching atm or What one you are planning on watching if you aren't watching one rn!
For me right now i'm watching an anime called Acchi Kocchi a Slice of Life anime! I was browsing a selection of anime in the slice of life section and it looked cute so i'm watching it!

Reply to this and tell us what Anime you are watching atm or planning on watching and why and what type it is!
Spark some discussion too!

View attachment 1277
Currently bingewatching Naruto Shippuden, am planning to get myself into MHA season 5 once i get class vacations owo

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
It's a manga rather than an anime, but it's getting an anime sometime next year, so I figured it counts!

I just finished reading (and then re-reading) the first four volumes of A Man and His Cat. The fifth volume is getting an official translation in January, but I believe there's eight in total so far.

This series. Holy crap. You go in expecting a fun slice-of-life series about a cat's antics and his owner getting accustomed to cat parenthood. What you get instead (or, well, alongside it) is a heartwrenchingly realistic yet gentle and hopeful story about loss, grief, and moving on. You can read all of the official translations here, though if you're able I also recommend purchasing the manga to help support it.

(Also, the fact that he's at least in his 50s means nothing to me, Kanda is my sweet baby boy and I wish to protect him with all my might.)

1637722418075.png

Reactions: ___

Midori

Dancer in The Dark
Oct 28, 2021
I'm currently watching Land of The Lustrous. The animation is absolutely stunning, highly recommend.

• Love
Reactions: Mika

Josh Kouki

Merely a person.
Aug 10, 2021
Anywhere
I'm currently watching Land of The Lustrous. The animation is absolutely stunning, highly recommend.
Ooh, I've been wondering about that one. Not sure when I'm going to watch it given, I've been finishing watching Ergo Proxy, Plastic Memories, and recently finished Another(haven't started reading the manga yet). I plan on watching Paranoia Agent next however. Aah an abundant anime era ;).

Reactions: nalondollie

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)