• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Other Cryptonloid voicebank updates, collabs, & concert news (crypton_wat Twitter translations)

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
Famitsu interviewed Sasaki (alongside Shingo from Sega and Kondo from Craft Egg/Colorful Palette) about the Project Sekai game and one part of the interview I think is relevant to this thread (machine translation, but I guess it's comprehensible enough)(underlining by me, not bothering with a proper translation now):
――Was it really difficult to mix the voice actor's live song with the voice of Vocaloid?

Jitsu Sasaki is equipped with a new version of Krypton technology that will be completed next spring. Miku's voice must be familiar with the voice actors' voice. By the way, this software will be released next year.
Article: 初音ミクの新作リズムゲーム『プロジェクトセカイ』は、若者にボカロを気軽に楽しんでもらう“入口”を目指す。クリプトン×セガ×Craft Egg/Colorful Paletteインタビュー - ファミ通.com

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
I am NOT up to date on Wat's tweets or the Project Sekai tweets. I need a serious break from my tinfoil hat and am purposely not looking at my notifications on VocaVerse/Twitter. However, I clicked the interview and something caught my eye while quickly scrolling through. (This part: たとえばリアルなシンガーや、クリプトン以外のボカロキャラクターとも関われるような余地を残しているので、キャラクターがより広がれるように、掘り下げていきたいと思っています。) It says that they left room to increase the number of characters in the game to include non-Crypton Vocaloids (and real singers). Hopefully this would be what they also decide to do with the new Piapro (as in I hope if they let non-Cryptonloids in the game that they will let them also be in the new Piapro). :P

Just check this tweet thread @TheStarPalace linked to on the Project Sekai thread for a summary.

(I know I said I'd finish the NoMaps stuff, but I can't handle translations right now due to personal stuff.)

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
I forgot to mention it, but I've been thinking about how you could use Cherry Pie lately (again). Because it is a vocoder (like Voidol), I thought that people who have the ability to sing/rap/do metal screams could potentially use Cherry Pie to create those parts themselves instead of hand-tuning those parts in Piapro with notes.

So for example, you could perform a fast-paced rap and then coat your voice with Cherry Pie so that you don't have to painstakingly tune it by hand to try to make it not sound sing-songy.
Or you could do a wicked metal death growl instead of messing around with Vocaldrive's parameters which could only produce a less realistic guttural sound.
Or if there is a part in a song that has a vocal dry or is breathy, then you could sing + Cherry Pie instead of tuning by hand, so it sounds more realistic.

I hope we find out more info on when it will be sold in November rather than December (I'm thinking they might announce something around Miku Symphony or whenever that phone game is coming out). And they actually give us some more demos on the software being demonstrated.

Note: I've tried this out with Voidol, but the quality is too low to be useful. (Sounds too crackly or just really muddy and sometimes can't detect fast changes in the voice.) But it coats the sounds you make into it (including instrumentals), so it converts things like laughs, coughs, growls. I'm thinking if the quality of Cherry Pie is high enough, it might actually be useful for more than just very clean singing.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
But it coats the sounds you make into it (including instrumentals), so it converts things like laughs, coughs, growls.
That's a really good point. I hadn't thought I'd have much of a reason to use Cherry, but laughing/coughing could be fun things to add. If you can coat instrumentals, I wonder if you could wrangle getting your Vocaloid to hum, too....

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Well, there's nyanyannya for released two videos that's made using the new Piapro Studio.
One with turning:

and the other one without turning:
Wow, those are amazing! Have I completely missed them, or are these the first videos of what the new Piapro actually looks like that we've seen so far?

That UI is obviously a LOT different from what we have in Piapro currently. I'd love to know what the "Inserts" menu has.... "Sends" is interesting, too, but maybe that's to be expected, with all the additional processors and stuff that the new Crypton suite of products is going to have. And lots and LOTS of little tool-looking things along the top....

Prism

Enthusiast
Jul 18, 2019
I thought that was cherry pie I wonder how ps is going to sound like now

Wait I was looking at other videos of his and this doesn't sound like his v3

Also found this

I'm going to go into tinfoil hat conspiracy theory mode, but what if they make a native English voice bank like say the cybers and then used cherry pie to coat them to fix the pronunciation problems and to lessen the work load and maybe create English appends. Also I wonder how it would sound to coat a vocaloid

Last edited:
Reactions: WyndReed

TheStarPalace

Hardcore Fan
Apr 8, 2018
I thought that was cherry pie I wonder how ps is going to sound like now

Wait I was looking at other videos of his and this doesn't sound like his v3

Also found this

I'm going to go into tinfoil hat conspiracy theory mode, but what if they make a native English voice bank like say the cybers and then used cherry pie to coat them to fix the pronunciation problems and to lessen the work load and maybe create English appends. Also I wonder how it would sound to coat a vocaloid
Nyanyannya generally uses Kaito V1. Im pretty sure Kaito V1 was used in those speech tests as well. I always thought those were tests of Cherry Pie ( I remember them coming up in that thread) but either way it's a crypton product

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
Wow, those are amazing! Have I completely missed them, or are these the first videos of what the new Piapro actually looks like that we've seen so far?

That UI is obviously a LOT different from what we have in Piapro currently. I'd love to know what the "Inserts" menu has.... "Sends" is interesting, too, but maybe that's to be expected, with all the additional processors and stuff that the new Crypton suite of products is going to have. And lots and LOTS of little tool-looking things along the top....
@mobius017 This is NOT the new Piapro's interface.
nyanyannya is using Piapro as a VST in Cubase. (See this post: Cryptonloid voicebank updates, collabs, & concert news (crypton_wat Twitter translations) )
The official Crypton demo used Piapro as a VST in iZotope. (See this post: Cryptonloid voicebank updates, collabs, & concert news (crypton_wat Twitter translations) )
So, we are only seeing the .wav file in the DAW itself, no trace of actual Piapro. (Except in the official demo, where you could see the pop-up menu for Cherry Pie. I guess look at this post for pics: Cryptonloid voicebank updates, collabs, & concert news (crypton_wat Twitter translations) )

The new Piapro looks like this (the top two pics are literally the only images we've been shown so far and they're tiny):
.jpg

Also found this

I've messaged nyanyannya about this project, it's NOT related to Cherry Pie/Crypton in any way. It's a deep-learning based software using OpenJTalk that he's been working on to achieve a self-tuning "Voiceroid", basically. nyanyannya is the voice provider for Doctor Funk Beat for this project, that's why it doesn't sound like Kaito exactly.

This video

and this video

have him explaining and using it. (I've translated most of these videos, but never shared them, because it's not actually relevant to Crypton/Cherry Pie.)

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
@mobius017 This is NOT the new Piapro's interface.
nyanyannya is using Piapro as a VST in Cubase. (See this post: Cryptonloid voicebank updates, collabs, & concert news (crypton_wat Twitter translations) )
The official Crypton demo used Piapro as a VST in iZotope. (See this post: Cryptonloid voicebank updates, collabs, & concert news (crypton_wat Twitter translations) )
So, we are only seeing the .wav file in the DAW itself, no trace of actual Piapro. (Except in the official demo, where you could see the pop-up menu for Cherry Pie. I guess look at this post for pics: Cryptonloid voicebank updates, collabs, & concert news (crypton_wat Twitter translations) )

The new Piapro looks like this (the top two pics are literally the only images we've been shown so far and they're tiny):
.jpg
orz
Apologies, all. I got confused. :miku3_move: Thanks @uncreepy! I guess it didn't really seem like the reveal of what the new Piapro looks like would have come with so little fanfare/from one individual producer's YouTube.

On the upside, the images of the actual new software look much more similar to the Piapro we know, so the transition should be that much easier. It'll be cool to see that UI working with the capabilities of its new engine :) .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)