• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Other Cryptonloid voicebank updates, collabs, & concert news (crypton_wat Twitter translations)

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
I was looking around on Sonicwire and realized there was some news on the 16th that no one appears to have noticed:
mikuch.png
The news article about it was only on the Japanese side (here is the English side to compare) and you can't even open it unless you own Miku Chinese. But if you go to the product page itself, it has this burgundy notice on it.

So it seems that users who got Miku Chinese before Valentine's Day can get Studio One Artist along with the Piapro VST to go along with it for free.

It's the 23rd in Japan now, so I'm not sure if this is going to be the announcement, since it was a low-key update a few days ago, or if there is something in addition to this? I wonder if being able to use the Piapro VST means that it's not locked to just Miku Chinese anymore?

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2019
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Piapro VST refers to the version of Piapro that comes with Crypton's other vocals. Isn't standalone Piapro usually referred to as Piapro Standalone?

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Piapro VST refers to the version of Piapro that comes with Crypton's other vocals. Isn't standalone Piapro usually referred to as Piapro Standalone?
That's what I was trying to say.

Also, I talked to Kazumi about this (because they have had Miku Chinese for like over a year) and they think that this news is dated wrong and should be from 2018 and the article has been on there for a long time and is therefore labeled with the incorrect year.
unknown.png
Feb 8th vs 16th and still no ability to have anyone but Miku in it.

Last edited:

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
Aaaand she has dropped! I won't even attempt to translate anything, but here's the original tweet with instructions to scroll down for the download if you're a previous Miku V4C owner, and also the new song they released with her :)

EDIT: Got ninja'd, edited to just the tweet ;)

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
The product page has updated (in both English and Japanese, link to English version), it says the voice is easier to us, more expressive, and has clearer vowels and consonants. It seems they wanted to better match the original singing voice of Miku's Japanese bank to match.

They updated Miku's older demo:

Older version of the song:

[#Hatsune Miku V4C Update] The distribution of the update for Hatsune Miku's Chinese version "Hatsune Miku V4 CHINESE" that sings in a cute type of voice has started! The phonemes that have been updated with the new technology have been improved for things like articulation and tone quality. The process to acquire the update data on the official page has now been made available HATSUNE MIKU V4 CHINESE(初音ミク V4 中文版) | SONICWIRE

The art in the tweet is by the same artist who drew her package artwork.

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
I forgot to mention that (I believe) the new demo song is called "Flowers and Dreams".

Kazumi in the Discord is keeping us updated on the process/changes. The file is 2.5 GB and still downloading.

In my opinion, they have edited each phoneme to be clearer, just like they said they would do for the update to the Japanese phonemes for all Cryptonloids. (I wonder if they will do this for English, too?)

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
Might as well add, this, too.

From 2 years ago:

New version:

I am bad at Chinese and can't really hear a difference in these demos. Some of the demos have a noticeable volume difference, though. 🤷

Caprice

New Fan
Apr 8, 2018
For those wondering, the update does not come with anything else. It's just the update to the voicebank. There are no updates yet available for the standalone editor. No updates have been made to the recordings, just how they're processed.

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
It's just the update to the voicebank. There are no updates yet available for the standalone editor. No updates have been made to the recordings, just how they're processed.
Wait, I'm confused. How can the voice bank be updated but no changes made to the recordings? Is there more information about the update somewhere I missed? The file was really big (2.5 GB), so I thought it seemed like the phonemes would be updated. The tweet I translated said "The phonemes that have been updated with the new technology have been improved for things like articulation and tone quality" but I guess that's kind of vague.

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
I'd assume they altered and processed samples that were especially bad offenders but consideirng Miku Chinese's configuration was laughably bad in the first place I guess they focused mostly on that. Most of what they've said regarding new technology seems to be a fancy way of them saying "we reprogrammed it". Probably did something similar to what they did with V4X and made the samples a lot clearer than the originals.

I actually quite like how her clarity has improved, but the tradeoff with her vocal becoming softer has definitely made her come across as slightly more choppy than before. I would sitll rank her last of all Chinese voicebanks by almost every metric (including Yuecheng and Chuchu) but this is still a significant improvement.

Caprice

New Fan
Apr 8, 2018
Wait, I'm confused. How can the voice bank be updated but no changes made to the recordings? Is there more information about the update somewhere I missed? The file was really big (2.5 GB), so I thought it seemed like the phonemes would be updated. The tweet I translated said "The phonemes that have been updated with the new technology have been improved for things like articulation and tone quality" but I guess that's kind of vague.
I mean they don't seem to have done much of anything when it comes to new recordings, just fixing the old recordings.

Reactions: mobius017
Sep 21, 2019
So, this kind of like a Miku Chinese Act 2? Kinda reminds me of what was done back in the time period around Rin and Len's initial release; there was the original, but the original had issues so they've gone and released an updated version of the vb that's free to those who owned the original.

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
So, this kind of like a Miku Chinese Act 2? Kinda reminds me of what was done back in the time period around Rin and Len's initial release; there was the original, but the original had issues so they've gone and released an updated version of the vb that's free to those who owned the original.
Yeah, basically. Though unlike with RinLen where you would want Act1 in some circumstances there's like no good reason to want the initial Miku Chinese voicebank LOL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)