• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Other Cryptonloid voicebank updates, collabs, & concert news (crypton_wat Twitter translations)

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
@xuu What is the benefits of act1 sorry I'm not a kagamine user to know the difference
Rin and Len act1, while having worse programming/sounding choppier, are actually a lot clearer and livelier-sounding than act2. Something like this is achievable with Rin for example, where you'd normally have to use her Power append. They basically traded smoothness for them becoming more muffled as voicebanks, which is usually a good trade, but it does create a distinction that makes act1 desirable.

Reactions: Scarlet Illusion

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
I noticed that Miku Chinese is actually not on Sonicwire anymore? I wonder if they took it down to switch the installer since the update or something. I was planning to buy her soon, and I went to double check her price since the update reminded me, but I couldn’tbfind her on English or Japanese Sonicwire...
I wonder if her boxes are still up? Nonetheless, her disappearance from Sonicwire is interesting to note especially with this update to her

• Wow
Reactions: peaches2217

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
I noticed that Miku Chinese is actually not on Sonicwire anymore? I wonder if they took it down to switch the installer since the update or something. I was planning to buy her soon, and I went to double check her price since the update reminded me, but I couldn’tbfind her on English or Japanese Sonicwire...
I wonder if her boxes are still up? Nonetheless, her disappearance from Sonicwire is interesting to note especially with this update to her
She is still there, download only
HATSUNE MIKU V4 CHINESE(初音ミク V4 中文版) | SONICWIRE

Crypton's website lists the physical copy too, but doesn't allow adding it into shopping cart

• Sad
Reactions: Leon

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Reactions: Leon

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
Don't forget that on the 25th in Japan, there will be more information about new Piapro. When the Miku Chinese news happened, USA people were in the Discord at 1/2 am to talk about it. I assume that the news on the 25th will also be around the same time. So, uh, I'm personally gonna have my phone tweet alerts wake me up in the dead of night so I can translate if needed.

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
Hatsune Miku NT demo:

Press release: 『初音ミク NT』2020年夏発売決定! 本日12月25日よりダウンロード製品の予約受付を開始!

In all shortness, prototype release in mid-March and full release in late August (most likely on Miku's birthday). Reservations for the download product to be released in August begin now. Reseevations for physical copies are planned to begin in summer.

I don't have time to go through the whole press release now, so have a google translate excerpt of the NT features:
Hatsune Miku NT (New Type)" is a Hatsune Miku package that combines specially customized singing voice expression technology, voice library, software interface, and voice effector.

The updated vocal editor "Piapro Studio" integrates various newly developed functions.You can control the direction of the song simply by typing the lyrics and melody and selecting the expression style. You can set the basics of singing, such as the sharpness of the utterance, the staccato / legato conditions, and the pitch movement.

Furthermore, by combining the advanced voice library with the newly developed voice effector, it is possible to express everything from cute singing voices like Hatsune Miku, sad sighing voices, angry voices, rattle voices, and death voices, while maintaining ease of listening. Decorative pronunciation can be introduced with a single touch, so you can produce a wide range of singing voices.

"Piapro Studio" comes with a standalone version (Windows / Macintosh compatible) and a plug-in version (AU / VST). Also comes with a special edition of Studio One, a music production software that contains over 500 different instruments, so you can quickly create songs and music just by purchasing Hatsune Miku NT from vocal tracks to accompaniment production. You can enjoy.

□ "Hatsune Miku NT" Japanese Voice Library

A high-quality voice library made with newly developed resynthesis technology. All voice segments are analyzed and analyzed for consonants and vowels so that their pronunciation is not disrupted or broken. In addition, the voice layer is variable, and accents can be controlled vividly.

◇ ORIGINAL VOICE

Voice library with updated voice expression of Hatsune Miku that has been popular since 2007

* Other voice libraries will be provided

□ Various sound design is possible by newly developed voice effector

"Voice Drive"

An effect that controls the trembling component of the voice and adjusts the momentum and texture of the voice. Applied presets can express rattle and death voices.

"Voice Voltage"

An effect that controls the tone of the voice and the strength / weakness components to create a dynamic voice inflection.

"Super Formant Shifter"

An effect that intelligently changes voice quality while maintaining the original voice personality. In a practical range, the voice can be modulated to feminine femininity and chibi voice.

* In addition to the above, various effects are also installed.
Somebody will probably go through the new info more carefully soon

Last edited:

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018

Wat updated his Twitter profile finally. No more people getting confused and thinking his description especially was relevant and not many years old.

New banner, new icon, new description.

I thought Newtype was referring to the magazine and was confused/thought there would be an interview or something with that otaku magazine.

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
She looks so GOOD. And while it’s not quite enough to tell for sure, she sounds a little more mature to me. Still youthful and high-pitched, but with a bit more skill to back her voice up. If that makes sense?

Prism

Enthusiast
Jul 18, 2019
She sounds higher pitch like a low gen setting. She sounds clearer. Would like to see the interface. She sounds a different kind of robotic.

E? AAA sou original for comparison.

She sounds lower gen but sounds more natural singing. It's growing on me. Interesting choice for a demo song.

I wonder if this is supposed to sound like v2 original voice bank I also wonder if they share the same base samples.

Last edited:

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
So reading the product page, it sounds sort of similar to V5's deal, where it claims you can do all the different vocal styles in-editor. From "sighs" to cute, mature, "death" voices, etc. Which makes me think the two unrevealed banks will be English and Chinese, rather than Japanese append banks. Standalone Piapro and Studio One coming with her are good, and people who "book" her will get her in March, slated for a late August release. I wonder if people who "book" her now will pay extra if they want a physical preorder, which doesn't start till summer apparently?

Overall it's very interesting, but I'm going to wait and see before dropping almost $200. As people have pointed out, she does have a bit of buzziness/engine noise to her, and if it's anything like V5 then it might be their version of "exciter" which adds buzz to the voices. And my concern is that you can kind of hear it in the demo where she's singing fairly softly, so I wonder how strong it would be if you did add actual power to her.

But of course, she isn't finished yet. Somewhere around beta, yes? And she still sounds clear and smooth. So I look forward to updates!

EDIT: Product page hasn't been posted here yet oops

mahalisyarifuddin

Passionate Fan
Apr 9, 2018
Palembang, Indonesia
  • CPU : Intelマルチコアプロセッサー (Intel Core i5 以上を推奨)
  • RAMメモリ : 4GB以上(8GB以上を推奨)
  • HDD : 8GB以上の空き容量(NTFSフォーマット)※
  • インストールメディア : DOWNLOAD FILE
  • その他 : サウンドデバイス / 1280x768px以上の画面解像度 / インターネット接続環境(常時接続)
It's spesification is somewhat looked alike V5, and V5 have not much interest because it's harder to use, often lag, or something. Hmmm

• Wow
Reactions: GreenFantasy64

First Sound Future

Passionate Fan
Apr 8, 2018
(I think it would be nice if the first song to show this new version was "01_ballade"... It was Miku's first demo song, as a Vocaloid2 so it could have been a throwback to the older fans.)

Anyway, glad they finally showed how this new engine will sound! Curious to see how other Cryptonloids will sound as well in it. I think Miku sounds a bit robotic at some parts but I guess it's understandable if it's not a finished voicebank. :unsure: I'm more interested in hearing the English version, I'm hoping she will sound more like V2 and not like one of her appends. imo V4 sounds like Miku Vivid and V3 sounded like Miku Dark. It would actually be interesting if they tried to kept those versions as actual appends this time, with the new English version being the "main" voicebank.

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
Another thing, you need:

1) Internet connection at all time

2) i5 core processor (means you need at least 4 cores, can't be a single or dual core)
cores.png
^ can check it by Ctrl + Alt + Delete > Performance tab > see red circle

3) 4 GB of ram (8 GB preferred)
ram.png
^ can check by going to the location circled in red and checking the part circled in orange

4) Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 (that rules out anybody still using like.. Windows 7 or XP or something)

5) A modern monitor (1280 x 768)

I am so glad I already upgraded to Studio One 4 Pro during Black Friday in order to get third party VST support, for example. Phew.

Also, I am dying about this whole beta Miku thing. I didn't think I would buy Miku any time soon (she was never on my wishlist of vocal synth characters), but I feel compelled to pre-order, because I don't want to be sitting here for who knows how long watching everyone else try out the new Piapro. Plus, her final version doesn't come out until AUGUST. That is 8 months away. I wonder if we are going to hear about any of the other Cryptonloids that entire time? Maybe at least their preorder dates? So painful, wow. OTL Arg, I wanted to buy Kaito but will it even happen in 2020 or will it end up being 2021? What if they all have beta versions. AAAHHHH!!!!!!! I was hoping they would have sold them all at once. I guess staggering is good because they had issues with singing and Miku sounded the best, but ugg, oof.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)