• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Other Cryptonloid voicebank updates, collabs, & concert news (crypton_wat Twitter translations)

kimiworld

New Fan
Jul 11, 2018
Now this is the news that makes me truly excited. At this stage I do not wish for a lot of other things, just hope that the upcoming update will ensure the NT voicebank(s) at least has/have the same quality (something like similar "crispness" or "solidity"? idk) compared to the V4X's version. Wish for all the best next month!

Last edited:

SeleDreams

Passionate Fan
Jul 31, 2019
pretty nice important news :miku_ani_lili::luka_lili::len_smile_lili::rin_smile_lIlI::kaito_ani_lili::meiko_ani_lili:

new products announcements next month, August 1st, from Sonicwire blog:

I think there will be hands-on demo and session talks during Magical Mirai in Fukuoka, Tokyo and Osaka(●'◡'●)🎁🎈
Ngl, That's kind of a downgrade because Cubase LE is way more limited than Studio One 5/6 Artist.
Studio One 5/6 Artist was a full daw basically. Unlimited third party VSTs, unlimited tracks...
Cubase LE is very limited.

AmazingStrange39

Miku-Avanna-Gumi enthusiast
May 23, 2019
Ngl, That's kind of a downgrade because Cubase LE is way more limited than Studio One 5/6 Artist.
Studio One 5/6 Artist was a full daw basically. Unlimited third party VSTs, unlimited tracks...
Cubase LE is very limited.
TBF Studio One Artist used to be more limited so maybe they felt like after SO updated we were kinda cheating by getting a full-fledged DAW? I'm glad I got Miku V4X before all this happened

Vector

Passionate Fan
Mar 6, 2022
Cubase limits tracks and vsts? (i never used cubase) why would they do that?
To upsell you the full version. I've received multiple copies of the lite version of Ableton Live for buying hardware/VSTs, and it does the same thing. It limits you to something like 6-8 tracks in a project so you're more likely to buy the full version. (Ableton also gates different software instruments and effects behind different pricing tiers, with the complete version being around $600.)

Studio One is one of the cheaper, more permissive ones. Artist gives you everything you really need, and it's maybe $200 to get the rest, which even includes the basic version of Melodyne.

BANKARA_TEEvie

voxbox guy
Jun 24, 2021
I might be wrong, but this version of Time Machine featuring Miku, Luka and Meiko sounds like a good preview of what Crypton is preparing for the next NT(●'◡'●)✨🎈
oh my lord i love this song, i feel blessed

i think luka and meiko do actually sound a bit better in their tone, and miku sounds a lil more expressive, but it's hard to tell what's just them using beta versions of vbs as they've been doing and what could be NT2.0... not sure, if i were to sit here and nitpick about what i think could be new i would just go crazy... so who wanna do exactly that with me

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
when you listen to Luka very first words of the song, you can feel they are more open and expressive, and at 0:37 there is something I've never heard from Luka in terms of tuning, so gentle and less bit high, yet her distinctive husky voice. That was the moment I realized the song was probably using their new NT voicebanks.
The growling voice of both Luka and Meiko stays in the mid-highs and is sweet, closer to their original but more open, Meiko sounds more adult than Luka but still keeps the natural expression and has such a good flowing of the song melody. At 0.45 Meiko starts low, but keeps going up and up, smoothly and gently, I was very impressed.
And when at 1:01 you hear Miku, you feel like in heaven. Miku stays in the mid-high and follows each note with a gentle, angelic voice that is really accompanying you. I cried during that. Time Machine is one of my Miku favorite songs, and the chorus at the end was so good,warm and sweet :luka_lili::miku_lili::meiko_lili:

edit: during Magical Mirai 2024 in Tokyo, on August 31st at 15:00-16:00, there will be talking session of Crypton CEO, Hiroyuki Itoh, and Wataru Sasaki and Koizumi Masamichi(^∀^●)ノシ✨🎈
We would like to introduce you to the virtual singer product that Crypton Future Media plans to release in the future.

crypton.jpg

Last edited:

kimiworld

New Fan
Jul 11, 2018
I might be wrong, but this version of Time Machine featuring Miku, Luka and Meiko sounds like a good preview of what Crypton is preparing for the next NT(●'◡'●)✨🎈
Is it my imagination that their voices (featuring Miku, Meiko, and Luka) sound quite different from their past NT voicebank demos? Luka's voicebank, in particular, reminds me of her V2 voicebank. However, I'm sorry to say that after listening to their voices several more times, I still feel that Luka's and Meiko's voices in this video somewhat are blended with Miku's (or CFM did some other thing to reach this effect idk) because the three of them sound quite similar (although still could distinguish between each other, but not as signature as their V3 or V4x voicebanks). Nevertheless, at least their voices have become much better compared to the previous NT voices (which were truly unbearable). Since the bgm is quite loud, I could not deduce more, unless I could listen to their voices in raw state.

Last edited:

Infoholic

CEO of Chorical, LLC.
Mar 26, 2018
Is it my imagination that their voices (featuring Miku, Meiko, and Luka) sound quite different from their past NT voicebank demos? Luka's voicebank, in particular, reminds me of her V2 voicebank. However, I'm sorry to say that after listening to their voices several more times, I still feel that Luka's and Meiko's voices in this video somewhat are blended with Miku's (or CFM did some other thing to reach this effect idk) because the three of them sound quite similar (although still could distinguish between each other, but not as signature as their V3 or V4x voicebanks). Nevertheless, at least their voices have become much better compared to the previous NT voices (which were truly unbearable). Since the bgm is quite loud, I could not deduce more, unless I could listen to their voices in raw state.
I agree that they all, Luka most especially, sound much more like themselves in this demo. Regarding the Miku comparison, you're not the only person who has raised this sentiment in the past and now, though I think there's a fundamental misunderstanding regarding it.

I do not believe that what we're hearing in Luka and Meiko is Miku, it's simply that we're hearing NT in Luka and Meiko. When thinking about it, for a long time Miku was the only NT voicebank we had heard. Therefore, I think there's a slightly skewed bias towards the engine recreating Miku rather than Miku being a product of the engine. People usually talk about consonants or vowel shapes. Still, if you compare Miku NT to her V4x, she also sounds very different in regards to the way her vowels sound, the articulation of her consonants, etc., and this is because NT and Vocaloid2/3/4/5 operate upon a fundamental difference in their technology.

NT is more akin to Vocaloid1, or DeepVocal if we want to compare it to something more modern. While these voicebanks do have their WAV files within the actual compressed library, this is not what is used by the engine; there is an additional component in the library that is used instead, which is models. For example, in Vocaloid2/3/4/5, when you type in the lyrics "ka ba" it is going to pull the WAV files recorded directly

[k a] [a]* [a b] [b a] [a]* [a Sil]

However, in Vocaloid1 and NT, it does not pull the WAV files recorded; it pulls from a recreated model of the WAV file. The actual WAV file that was recorded never plays directly in the editor, everything we are hearing has been rebuilt by the engine based on several factors and the benefit of this is that you can (in theory) have a wider array of editability and manipulation (like tension). However, on the downside (and this is why Yamaha ditched this technology in their crossover to V2 outside of formant models for stationaries), depending on the complexity of the model it can heavily impact the sound as well as the size of the voicebank. It's also important to note that currently unless something changed for NT2 (if it is NT2), they are using SPTK; an open-source toolkit that was created in the late '90s/early 00s as the basis of their synthesis technology which likely plays a huge role in the quality.

So, this is all to say that while in some parts it might sound like "Hey, this is eerily similar to how Miku NT would sound," it's more so that "Oh, this is just how NT is causing voices to sound."

* These would be the stationaries, and while formant synthesis is used to ensure that they are natural when long and extended, I'm not 100% certain on the implementation as naturally I only know what I've found through research over the years. It's possible these stationaries do use a formant synthesis model in conjunction with recorded diphones/triphones, but it's also possible that it merely uses it for reference and still pulls the recorded WAV.

Last edited:

BANKARA_TEEvie

voxbox guy
Jun 24, 2021
piapro characters Super Pack(●'◡'●)🎁🎀🎈

and for those wondering, these are basically the main piaproloid lineup running on the v4 engine. their 1 completely standard voicebank with no appends or languages, but at a pretty decent price.

Vocaloid 6 AI Miku is coming out, which is very exciting to me :) i think v6 will work with the niche crypton wants, even if people don't like the engine itself much.
NT, on the other hand, is getting a beta update this fall, and I imagine it's going to be a big one if they want to compete with all the other voicebanks that they're now putting at the forefront. it seems likely the other piaproloids WILL still get their updates, it's just a matter of when.

SeleDreams

Passionate Fan
Jul 31, 2019
and for those wondering, these are basically the main piaproloid lineup running on the v4 engine. their 1 completely standard voicebank with no appends or languages, but at a pretty decent price.

Vocaloid 6 AI Miku is coming out, which is very exciting to me :) i think v6 will work with the niche crypton wants, even if people don't like the engine itself much.
NT, on the other hand, is getting a beta update this fall, and I imagine it's going to be a big one if they want to compete with all the other voicebanks that they're now putting at the forefront. it seems likely the other piaproloids WILL still get their updates, it's just a matter of when.
Ngl what's exciting to me is that :
- miku comes on V6
- Yamaha said all V6 banks will come to vocaloid beta and all V6 owners will get vocaloid beta
- So Miku will also come to Vocaloid Beta which might be even more exciting than her coming to Vocaloid 6

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)