• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VOCALOID Vocaloid ß-Studio

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
I think that probably the beta lottery will be available only in japanese, maybe at first, since the twitter account and the site is only in japanese.
the screen shows some UI in english (loading track - current track), but I guess they are focusing on japanese first because the programmers and audio engineers of Yamaha prefer to have a direct feedback in their native language. it also helps that a japanese user/producer has an easier access to japanese voice synth software, and again, Yamaha software engineers probably prefer to have an environment like that and a well-known community with domestic products (hardware and software) for a new beta program.

(my guess on the lottery is that probably you'll still be able to apply from overseas, but the lottery page , email messages ,the feedback and anything will be in japanese only)

Vector

Passionate Fan
Mar 6, 2022
Perhaps they're working on a way to convert recorded singing into notes in the editor. It's kind of the next logical step from vocalo-changer, and more useful.

That's also sort of how Mitchie M supposedly works. I believe he's said he sings how he wants it to sound, analyzes the pitch curve in Melodyne and attempts to recreate it in Vocaloid.

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
Perhaps they're working on a way to convert recorded singing into notes in the editor. It's kind of the next logical step from vocalo-changer, and more useful.

That's also sort of how Mitchie M supposedly works. I believe he's said he sings how he wants it to sound, analyzes the pitch curve in Melodyne and attempts to recreate it in Vocaloid.
I was starting to wonder if the new screencap was also a hint towards a collab with Mitchie M, considering the similarities to Melodyne. As of now, I'm also gonna guess Yamaha is looking at ways to increase realism in Vocaloid with the beta studio.

Mika

crying over Rune Factory 6
Jul 5, 2018
Germany
We got a little teaser for the voicebanks of this beta

Most people are guessing that these are vocals we already know and go with the Meika twins or Anon and Kanon as their guesses. These could also be entirely new characters!

It will absolutely not be them, never ever, but if it is I'm gonna go nuts lol

Cerāgi <º•

Passionate Fan
Dec 5, 2019
Italy
NOW I CAN'T UNSEE RING AND LUI, I'm missing them so much again ;;;

LOL, I unfortunately don't really think that's a revival of them, but we can dream, also they don't seem like the Meikas to me. The one on the left screams Anon at me, but I can't say the same for the one on the right for Kanon. Idk, maybe they're new characters :unsure:

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
morrysillusion.wixsite.com
def intrigued to see that teaser. as curious as i am about this vocaloid-beta i havent really felt much because they just havent... given enough for me to be hyped, because i dont know what it is at all... im definitely that type that needs enough of a concept teased to find interest. and for a bit here i wasnt even sure if they were making 'voice banks' at all because i literally cannot determine if its a vocal synth like engine or something else. still unsure what this could mean but its a little more at least.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)