• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Other Cryptonloid voicebank updates, collabs, & concert news (crypton_wat Twitter translations)

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Yeah the box instead includes a "license card" which includes a license code for you to input on the website and download her. It's kind of understandable given how most PCs/Laptops don't have disc drives now, but also quite sad, especially considering there seems to be a significant markup ($20 I think?) between download a physical. At least her box is cute. Looking forward to people using the full version.

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Yeah the box instead includes a "license card" which includes a license code for you to input on the website and download her. It's kind of understandable given how most PCs/Laptops don't have disc drives now, but also quite sad, especially considering there seems to be a significant markup ($20 I think?) between download a physical. At least her box is cute. Looking forward to people using the full version.
In all fairness, a $20 markup isn't terrible at all; Internet's markups are more than that. (And to tell you the truth, I'd gladly dish out $20 just for an EMPTY Miku NT box, holy hell it's pretty.)

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
In all fairness, a $20 markup isn't terrible at all; Internet's markups are more than that. (And to tell you the truth, I'd gladly dish out $20 just for an EMPTY Miku NT box, holy hell it's pretty.)
I mean it's kinda bad when you consider the actual box serves no purpose at all other than being pretty, but it is very pretty. Definitely see why they held back on preorders for it for a long time, it's clearly marketed towards more hardcore Miku fans.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
but apparently the physical version doesn't actually include a CD
I was kind of wondering how they would handle that. Printing CDs would probably take a little while, and with updates coming as often/recently as they have been, if they'd shipped CDs in the box, purchasers would have been forced to go out and update pretty much immediately anyway, since the software on the printed CDs would likely have been out of date. Quicker and more convenient to save the trouble of initial install and just download the latest software at the start. Cheaper for everyone, too.

$20 for a box is kinda steep, though.... Or maybe it isn't--people will sometimes pay a LOT for Miku stuff, so I kinda feel like the markup could have been higher. And I don't know...maybe if you really wanted a box, you might be willing to pay $20 to avoid the trouble of trying to make/print one yourself. :miku2_move: I probably wouldn't feel super great about it at first (Though I like DL stuff anyway.), but like any boxed synth that's also downloadable, at least half the reason for it is collection value. And collectible stuff basically always commands a premium price.

Honestly the reported bugs are what concern me :miku3_move:, but it sounds like they're scrambling to get those issues ironed out.

Last edited:

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Honestly, given the fact that it’s a more detailed and fanciful box than Crypton’s previously put out, I’d imagine the production cost is higher; factoring that in, and assuming it still comes with all the promos and extras their past boxes have come with, I don’t think $20 is steep at all, especially compared to her $200 base price tag.

Hmm... maybe if they made like, a regular box while making the current box Special Edition and let you choose which one you want... that would be cool, and might dissipate some of the reluctance regarding the box price.

DefiantKitsune

Lonely kanon fan
Apr 11, 2018
Dang it, you're making me wish for the packaged version again, and that's just an uncool strain on my willpower.... ;)
Don't be too tempted; turns out physicals for NT don't have a disk at all, just a slip of cardboard with a DL code. :/

EDIT: So for some reason Vocaverse decided I didn't need to see any post after the one I replied to here until AFTER I posted so uh, that's why I'm ten years behind i guess.

Reactions: GreenFantasy64

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018

They're working to correct various problems related to the AU plug-in version of NT that have been confirmed and apologize for the inconvenience. According to this tweet, the standalone version isn't affected by the same issue(s).

Stardust

Vocal Synth Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2020
You could burn the installer to a CD and put it in the box. It is a shame you have to, but it is better then nothing.
Now that I think about it, would it be cheaper to buy the download, a CD, and a DVD case for a custom case, or the box and a CD? :rune_lili:

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
I don't think the box even has a slot for an actual CD. Probably the first though, considering the markup...

Honestly I would still consider buying her box because it looks so good, but it's kind of irritating that they skipped out on a physical installer CD entirely. It's like when video games have a physical version but you need to download almost everything anyway, but you don't even get the disc to put in in the first place.

Stardust

Vocal Synth Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2020
I don't think the box even has a slot for an actual CD. Probably the first though, considering the markup...

Honestly I would still consider buying her box because it looks so good, but it's kind of irritating that they skipped out on a physical installer CD entirely. It's like when video games have a physical version but you need to download almost everything anyway, but you don't even get the disc to put in in the first place.
I was thinking you could put the CD in a diamond case(I think that is what they are called) and then in the box. If not, then I foresee a lot of people buying the DL version and making their own box to avoid how pricey the boxed version is.
Funny that you mention that, because when I first heard of this, I immediately thought of The Sims 4, which does this:clara_ani_lili:
Any guesses if Big Fish Audio will stock the box or dl version?
Someone tried to pre-order the boxed copy on English Sonicwire, and it was not available, only the digital was, but the boxed was available on the Japanese site.
Big Fish Audio sells both digital and physical copies of Cryptonloids, so I assume the box will be there along with the dl version.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
I was thinking you could put the CD in a diamond case(I think that is what they are called) and then in the box. If not, then I foresee a lot of people buying the DL version and making their own box to avoid how pricey the boxed version is.
I think you probably mean a "jewel case." I only remember because I used to make my own once upon a time, for mix CDs :) .

I like the idea of including some extra art or something in the box. I wish they'd done that, that would've been cool.

Wario94

Passionate Fan
Jan 5, 2019
I really discovered this video a few minutes ago! A week ago Vocaloid producer hiruyami post this video in which, as part of this Vocalo-radio-like talkloid series called Kai! Mei! Talk!, using their Kaito V3 voicebank, the guest of this episode was not other than nyanyannya himself who was using his Cherry Pie Kaito voicebank:
Although this video is in Japanese language only.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Updates coming this weekend to fix some issues. Further updates are anticipated sometime this month. For the latter, I'm not sure, but either they will make updates to make NT faster, or they will be increasing the frequency of updates.

They also seem to apologize for the inconvenience/fact that bug-fixing updates were needed.

mahalisyarifuddin

Passionate Fan
Apr 9, 2018
Palembang, Indonesia
It is not surprising yet still interesting to hear their statements on what they actually want by making their own engine. When they're being asked about the industry are leaning towards AI synthesis, they stated that they're "aiming for the sound of electric piano" rather than "the sound of real grand piano".

This really sums up everything.

Last edited:

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Updates coming this weekend to fix some issues. Further updates are anticipated sometime this month.
I'm a bit behind/haven't posted for all the updates (I've probably missed one or two.), but a new version of NT has been released that includes various bug fixes. There's a list of the main issues that have been addressed in the link to the Piapro website.

There is planned to be another update on Dec. 24 that will focus on improving the resolution of the voice/..."effects," I guess (not sure what that machine-translated part refers to). Subsequent updates will improve the audio and work toward...either making another update to the DB, or adding an additional DB. (Again, the translation isn't great.)

Rolo

Watch Levius and Stan Natalia Cromwell
Sep 16, 2019
Since we’re on the subject of Wat and the VB’s he posted this uhh “interesting” tweet a few days ago Apparently this is the TL and deepL seems to match up with it a bit but of course if there’s anyone who can provide us a better or more accurate TL it’s appreciated. Either way looking forward to seeing what he’s talking about, Kaito NT?

Reactions: Blue Of Mind

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)