• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Other Cryptonloid voicebank updates, collabs, & concert news (crypton_wat Twitter translations)

Jikyusan

Producer in Training
Apr 8, 2018
USA
jikyusan.carrd.co

"We are very sorry that we have not been able to report to you about the NT update and that you have been waiting for it. We are currently considering when to release the update (by the end of this year) while adding several new items. We will report back to you within the month. Thank you for your patience."

"I've repeatedly had meetings and discussions with Mr. Kondo of Carapale and Mr. Kosuge of Sega about the future, and we're looking for ways to strengthen cooperation in future projects. In terms of details, we are thinking about how we can go one step further and collaborate with music creators (including overseas). We are currently considering this."

'"In addition, we are making further adjustments mainly to KAITO/MEIKO, and some creators are also reviewing the sound quality of the exported data. I'm also preparing for the full expansion of the project."

(Tweets translated automatically using DeepL Translator)

My thoughts: Hmm? New NT Stuff this year? I hope they fix it up more as development increses~ :D

sapplerx

+-=÷x
Dec 26, 2020
United States
(... I'm about to start a test run of KAITO, which has been updated with the unevenness of vowel switching. I want to apply it to Luka.)
(RT → Please understand that it is strange and tension ... Also, as usual, I am struggling to increase the exposure of the virtual singer, but it is expected that the effect and release will gradually come out from this month.)

Pewe

Aspiring Fan
Dec 7, 2019
not wat-Twitter related, but I found a really good analysis on Miku NT which goes on about how the engine works and synthesis the voice, as well as theorizing about what Crypton’s objective was and the real reason why they left VOCALOID but still have a good relationship with Yamaha, wish I could understand more of that technical stuff lol:

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
not wat-Twitter related, but I found a really good analysis on Miku NT which goes on about how the engine works and synthesis the voice, as well as theorizing about what Crypton’s objective was and the real reason why they left VOCALOID but still have a good relationship with Yamaha, wish I could understand more of that technical stuff lol:

The gist of the article appears to be that Crypton possibly wants Miku to sound like "Miku" at this point rather than Saki Fujita (I.e. a truly distinct character rather than just a voice acted avatar), and perhaps V5 was processing realistic results that sounded too much like Fujita rather than Miku? Hence Piapro NT's existence - I'm struggling to understand the technical bits as well, but from what I understand, Crypton seems to be using voice synth technology that's different from V5 in order to preserve Miku's uniqueness.

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
Preorders started:
12/25/2019

PREVIOUS UPDATE --> TODAY'S UPDATE
Miku's 3 voice banks:

06/24/2021: 1.0.0.7 --> 12/22/2021: 1.0.0.8

Piapro NT:
06/24/2021: 3.0.3.4 --> 12/22/2021: 3.0.4.0
---

The quote about
* New expressions and functions will continue to be added through future updates.
is still on her product page, I wonder how many more months until NT is done aside from the occasional bug update?
I wish they would tell us what's going on / what to expect.

Edit: Seems to load a bit faster when inputting notes/changing phonemes, thankfully.

Last edited:

Silver1063

Aspiring Fan
Apr 19, 2019
When are they going to update their updating system? Like if we didn't need to download 5+ GB for each update it wouldn't be so bad, just the changes would be nice 😭😭😭

Reactions: uncreepy

sapplerx

+-=÷x
Dec 26, 2020
United States
Excuse me for being too flustered at the end of the year and breaking the timing of Rin and Len's birthday. It's been 14 years, the same as their actual age, but I want you to take the opportunity to sing and be active in various places. We will also strengthen the system and pack as much as we can, so thank you for your cooperation.

PearlStarLight5

Miss Retrocore, at your service!
I uninstalled Piapro Studio and reinstalled version 2.4.3.0 and have access to my third party voicebanks again, which basically confirms this is a problem with the update. I have reported the bug to Crypton
In the meantime for those who want to roll back, you can do so in the support page if you have registered products クリプトン | PIAPRO STUDIO製品サポート

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)