• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

CeVIO Updated IA/IA English/ONE banks coming to Cevio AI

YOYo_MAMA

I am Thou and Thou aren't Shit...
Oct 19, 2018
Finally, some ACTUAL Improvement cause I can finally understand the lyrics. They also pick the song with one of the most confusing & muffled english pronunciation in my opinion for the demo, probably to show the changes to the english tuning.
Hopefully it was tuned by someone who have a native knowledge in english.

To add to the more confusing retcon lore. IA and ONE are officially twins now. ONE was just really slow to materialize. 3 YEARS slow.

Anime logic, I guess

Last edited:

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
Nope, I'll always consider IA to be ONE's ditzy yet sweet older sister in my headcanon.
I talked to someone who is an ARIA fan and they said that them being twins was a "thing" during their concerts. I checked Google like crazy in English & Japanese, the only official lore was the crowdfunding page for the ARIA VR Theater saying they were twins (as in, they don't keep their lore up-to-date on their own websites).

Source (2 posts in the thread):

I can speak Japanese and I also happen to be a twin, and Japan is different from English-speaking countries in the fact that they REALLY CARE who is the older twin. Even though twins are only born a few minutes apart, when I talk about my twin sister in Japanese, I have to call her "older sister" instead of her name. In English, if I say "I'm a twin" everyone's just like "Oh wow, you're the same" but in Japanese, they ask "Which one is older?". hfdsjlkfhdsiluf

So, ONE = 双子の妹 / futago no imouto / younger twin sister & IA = 双子の姉 / futago no ane / older twin sister. I don't watch the ARIA live stream stuff often enough to remember, but ONE probably calls IA "ane-san" or "nee-san" like I call my sister.
(By the way, I was born 10 minutes after my twin, which is very dangerous. But 3 years for IA & ONE? Hoo boy. lol)

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
They had the ARIA SPECIAL SHOWCASE for crowdfund backers and apparently it was disappointing, not worth the money, & wonked up (late to start, looked like janky MMD). Also, HIPPI sang 2 songs but it was most likely human and not vocal synthesis. A few users think it was vocal synthesis, but 1st Place never said she was and people are suspicious she will become a VTuber to ride the wave.

I have to do more research, but the research I did so far was painful and I didn't even spend money on this thing:

A user called tou_neko did a live stream to discuss what happened and wrote a list of like 14 disappointments. Just hearing the disappointment in his voice made me shrivel up and die inside.

lIlI

Staff member
Apr 6, 2018
The Lightning Strike
The livestream is up, various new demos have been revealed.

We can hear HIPPI's voice provider, her singing voice thankfully fits Hippi's design much better, 1st Place hadn't lost their marbles after all. I really enjoy her singing style, she sounds great. My only thought was that she sounds quite similar to IA's mature, clear Vocaloid tone, which will become ironic later...

ONE's singing voicebank had a demo too. Not much has changed, but as usual I'm impressed by how realistic she sounds.

IA's Japanese singing voice was also revealed, it sounds very different to her Vocaloid, with an effect applied that sounds similar to Kafu's formant shift.
I'm a little confused by this, as Lia is a very popular singer, and CeVIO isn't wanting for cuter voices. I fear chasing trends will hurt IA in the long run, as people who want a cute voice have likely already bought several. It seems 1st Place has decided to recategorise IA into the young/cute one, and pass her previous role to Hippi. A lot of Japanese users would apply gen to her Vocaloid voicebank, so it isn't entirely unprecedented, but I'll miss the old IA.

Release date for IA and ONE: October 27th

blackout

Passionate Fan
Apr 13, 2018
Oh this is rough... Could just be due to it being pitched up but I hear a lot of her Talk voice and none of Lia in there, which is baffling to me cause her Eng voice still sounds very clearly voiced by Lia... I didn't particularly mind her Talk voice being provided by someone else given Lia isn't a voice actress but this is just ?????? coming from a synth who was always advertised as based on her voice (not to mention IA being literally one letter short of her name).

I just don't like the direction 1st Place has taken her, idk. Guess I'll wait for more samples but this is really disappointing so far. ONE sounds alright at least.

Prism

Enthusiast
Jul 18, 2019
Weird to have one deeper than ia but is doesn't sound bad in my opinion just like ia rocks. I could see them doing it so it does steal Lia voice but her vocaloid still exists. It is a weird choice.

YOYo_MAMA

I am Thou and Thou aren't Shit...
Oct 19, 2018
A lot of Japanese users would apply gen to her Vocaloid voicebank, so it isn't entirely unprecedented, but I'll miss the old IA
A shame really, I noticed that Japanese producers tend to always pitch IA up, (Jin, Orangstar, Kemu, Guiano, etc). They make catchy tunes but IA also sounds good if she's more falsetto. Official songs in her deeper pitch was released by 1st Place such as her 1st demo and IA's Daze version, which I really like, thoses didn't really take off compared to the other independent producers such as Orangestar. 1st Place just decided to stop trying to force the deeper, mature IA and just gave what the majority always wanted, ugh Moe.

I just hope the format gender shift is not removed, like Kafu. If it's a pitch shift, then lowering it can make IA sound like her vocaloid VB again.

ONE sounds consistent , and way more emotional. No complaints ☺
Kinda helps that we still do not know who her Voice provider is, since the she won't have to worry about being replaced.

Last edited:

ikaroll

I wanna scream
Jan 23, 2020
My computer
I guess the good thing is, if it turns out you can’t change IA’s GEN parameter, there’s always her V3 voicebanks

also, Hippi’s English singing, is it using her normal japanese bank or are they making a separate english bank for her?

MillyAqualine

Hardcore Fan
Apr 11, 2018
OMG HIPPI (well her VA) totally sounds like how I was imaginig her 😍 Perhaps slightly more in the medium range and with a bolder feel, but yeah, >I'd really want this tone to be her VB if she gets one, and I like her English too ! ❤

However yeah, still a bit sad about IA's voice... Like, don't get me wrong, it's cute and I love cute voices but it's not IA to me... I wish they had matched her vocaloid, or at least,; make an in-between her first Cevio bank and the vocaloid one T_T

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
Hearing Hippi's VP's English, is there a chance that Hippi might get an English VB later?

I'm also disappointed with CeVIO IA's cuter tone, but I don't hate it. As long as 1st Place don't pull a Kafu and prevent users from changing CeVIO's equivalent of gender factor, I can lump the default tone. The only problem with recommending the Vocaloid versions of IA now is that once the CeVIO version drops, the Vocaloids may very well be discontinued in the future.

___

Oct 8, 2019
In all honesty I doubt Hippi will be a synth, I don't see any attempts at her being advertised as such.

Here's format shifted IA for those curious but apologies it's pretty low quality as I threw it in few seconds 😭 will delete later

She's no Kafu so format shift her to your to your heart's content, if you like how this sounds then go for it.

but imo she still sounds watered down and I think she would blend too much with One, I definitely find her vocaloid version more characteristic and undoubtedly more flexible ( given Cevio's nature ).

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
In all honesty I doubt Hippi will be a synth, I don't see any attempts at her being advertised as such.
I'm still not sure/confused what exactly Hippi is intended to be in relation to IA and ONE (a fellow vocal synth, or a VTuber with a human VA?), but considering she's associated with two voice synths, I'm just assuming she will get a VB somewhere down the line.

Mika

crying over Rune Factory 6
Jul 5, 2018
Germany
I sadly already expected this change in IA's voice sooner or later from the moment her talk voicebank was released, since it was so much higher in pitch than her Vocaloid voicebank. Welp, here it is now. She doesn't sound bad, just not like the IA I always loved. Guess it's time for me to keep an eye out for her V3 voicebank.

One sounds really nice and Hippi's voice fits her well, no complaint with those 2.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)