• Our site rules have went through some updates and changes recently! Please take a moment to read over the changes (Rules 2-4) here!

Cryptonloid voicebank updates, collabs, & concert news (crypton_wat Twitter translations)

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Ooh, cool, that's good to know! I'm looking forward to seeing her new design, although I'll miss the bare-shoulders look; reminiscent as it is of an ethereal/astral body form, which is kind of appropriate for a vocal synth, I'm rather fond of it.

Reactions: Rolo and Stardust

uncreepy

🎃
Apr 9, 2018
USA
I don't get it at all. I thought they had the design ready and were just holding off on revealing it. But the reason she was nekkid this whole time was not to build anticipation, but instead just because they had no clue what she looked like for NT and didn't even design it? Also, NT is supposed to come out in 2 months, you'd think they would've asked iXima to come up with something sooner. I don't like being told I was waiting around for a big reveal (as in them turning on her clothes layers for the same NT drawing) that didn't actually exist.
:ring_ani_lili:

Prism

Passionate Fan
Jul 18, 2019
It might just be signing off on the final design I would imagine it's a back and forth process

Rolo

Watch Levius, Resurrection Ertugrul, and KNY
Sep 16, 2019
I think uncreepy is correct in assuming the design isn’t even started at all. Wat’s tweet mentions something about there being delays and push backs. It sounds like no matter what would have happened Crypton had way too much going on to put her out on time. I don’t think anything they tried this year happened on time actually

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Going to go ahead and add @Exemplar's finding about the new Miku NT character design here:

Like I mentioned over there,
As best the machines can tell me, it looks like there have been more changes to this costume than in past costume updates, with even a new concept. However, the colors are the same, and they tried to keep a balance so that it apparently still looks like Miku.

I guess we'll have to see what that actually means when the new design is shown off. Not surprised that they're making bigger changes, since she's getting a radical fundamental change, too. But I'm sure they've tried to keep what they feel are the most important/iconic aspects of her appearance intact.
Edit:

Wat mentions something like that the new design concept takes some inspiration from a voice "wave," so it has a streamlined look, and also is intended to be feminine/clean/pretty. Symbols from the DX (Yamaha DX) are still present, but seem to have been reimagined.

Wat mentions that it's been 13 years since he asked KEI to incorporate DX symbols in Miku's design. It was hard to change some of those things for V3/4. For NT, some of these symbols are difficult to touch, but he feels they've taken things in a "Crypton" direction.

Wat thinks they'll be able to reveal the new design later this month.

I'm really not sure what these mean, but he seems to be talking about user interaction/feedback (and costume design?) in Project Sekai and seems to say that NT may take some cues from Sekai somehow. The translation's not clear enough for me to feel very confident at all about interpreting these, though.

Last edited:

Jikyusan

Producer in Training
Apr 8, 2018
Going to go ahead and add @Exemplar's finding about the new Miku NT character design here:

Like I mentioned over there,

Edit:

Wat mentions something like that the new design concept takes some inspiration from a voice "wave," so it has a streamlined look, and also is intended to be feminine/clean/pretty. Symbols from the DX (Yamaha DX) are still present, but seem to have been reimagined.

Wat mentions that it's been 13 years since he asked KEI to incorporate DX symbols in Miku's design. It was hard to change some of those things for V3/4. For NT, some of these symbols are difficult to touch, but he feels they've taken things in a "Crypton" direction.

Wat thinks they'll be able to reveal the new design later this month.

I'm really not sure what these mean, but he seems to be talking about user interaction/feedback (and costume design?) in Project Sekai and seems to say that NT may take some cues from Sekai somehow. The translation's not clear enough for me to feel very confident at all about interpreting these, though.
I wonder if they are going to base part of Miku NT off the Yamaha Reface DX. (I own that keyboard and it's amazing.) It would be cool though, but again, we're all not sure yet.

Reactions: Stardust

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)