• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Other Cryptonloid voicebank updates, collabs, & concert news (crypton_wat Twitter translations)

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Ooh, cool, that's good to know! I'm looking forward to seeing her new design, although I'll miss the bare-shoulders look; reminiscent as it is of an ethereal/astral body form, which is kind of appropriate for a vocal synth, I'm rather fond of it.

Reactions: Rolo and Stardust

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
I don't get it at all. I thought they had the design ready and were just holding off on revealing it. But the reason she was nekkid this whole time was not to build anticipation, but instead just because they had no clue what she looked like for NT and didn't even design it? Also, NT is supposed to come out in 2 months, you'd think they would've asked iXima to come up with something sooner. I don't like being told I was waiting around for a big reveal (as in them turning on her clothes layers for the same NT drawing) that didn't actually exist.
:ring_ani_lili:

Prism

Enthusiast
Jul 18, 2019
It might just be signing off on the final design I would imagine it's a back and forth process

Rolo

Watch Levius and Stan Natalia Cromwell
Sep 16, 2019
I think uncreepy is correct in assuming the design isn’t even started at all. Wat’s tweet mentions something about there being delays and push backs. It sounds like no matter what would have happened Crypton had way too much going on to put her out on time. I don’t think anything they tried this year happened on time actually

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Going to go ahead and add @Exemplar's finding about the new Miku NT character design here:

Like I mentioned over there,
As best the machines can tell me, it looks like there have been more changes to this costume than in past costume updates, with even a new concept. However, the colors are the same, and they tried to keep a balance so that it apparently still looks like Miku.

I guess we'll have to see what that actually means when the new design is shown off. Not surprised that they're making bigger changes, since she's getting a radical fundamental change, too. But I'm sure they've tried to keep what they feel are the most important/iconic aspects of her appearance intact.
Edit:

Wat mentions something like that the new design concept takes some inspiration from a voice "wave," so it has a streamlined look, and also is intended to be feminine/clean/pretty. Symbols from the DX (Yamaha DX) are still present, but seem to have been reimagined.

Wat mentions that it's been 13 years since he asked KEI to incorporate DX symbols in Miku's design. It was hard to change some of those things for V3/4. For NT, some of these symbols are difficult to touch, but he feels they've taken things in a "Crypton" direction.

Wat thinks they'll be able to reveal the new design later this month.

I'm really not sure what these mean, but he seems to be talking about user interaction/feedback (and costume design?) in Project Sekai and seems to say that NT may take some cues from Sekai somehow. The translation's not clear enough for me to feel very confident at all about interpreting these, though.

Last edited:

Jikyusan

Producer in Training
Apr 8, 2018
USA
jikyusan.carrd.co
Going to go ahead and add @Exemplar's finding about the new Miku NT character design here:

Like I mentioned over there,

Edit:

Wat mentions something like that the new design concept takes some inspiration from a voice "wave," so it has a streamlined look, and also is intended to be feminine/clean/pretty. Symbols from the DX (Yamaha DX) are still present, but seem to have been reimagined.

Wat mentions that it's been 13 years since he asked KEI to incorporate DX symbols in Miku's design. It was hard to change some of those things for V3/4. For NT, some of these symbols are difficult to touch, but he feels they've taken things in a "Crypton" direction.

Wat thinks they'll be able to reveal the new design later this month.

I'm really not sure what these mean, but he seems to be talking about user interaction/feedback (and costume design?) in Project Sekai and seems to say that NT may take some cues from Sekai somehow. The translation's not clear enough for me to feel very confident at all about interpreting these, though.
I wonder if they are going to base part of Miku NT off the Yamaha Reface DX. (I own that keyboard and it's amazing.) It would be cool though, but again, we're all not sure yet.

Reactions: Stardust

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
You know, I'm going to preface this by saying this is almost completely baseless and is literally something that JUST occurred to me offhand...but what if Miku NT's new design looks something like this?

This is from a new collab between ESP guitars and CFM. Notice how closely it follows the more synthy details in the design (like the inclusion of the Soft <-> Power markings on the left legging), as opposed to more real-world/stylized variations like for Miku Symphony or Racing Miku. (Granted, that makes sense for use by a music instrument company.) Notice also that this clearly isn't just based on Miku's classic V2 design--the translucent ruffles at the shoulder and skirt hem are newer, the Vocaloid chest decal has been replaced with something like V4's color bar, and she has V4's hair ties. But this design also harkens back to V2/V3 also, with the return of the gray blazer, and the thicker twintails. There are brand-new elements, too--I don't remember her blazer lapels having that lighter edging before.

Having said that, I can't believe they'd let the NT design get leaked this way, although the release of that info...will hopefully be soon (I hope). And product collabs basically NEVER use an actual official design, as far as I've seen. But having thought it through this far...well, it's an interesting thought, anyway. It'd be cool if she did end up looking like this. It might go along with what Wat said about trying to make a design that was both new and harkened back to what was key about previous incarnations, while also being clean.

Edit: Plus, this illustration is by iXima, and I'm not entirely clear on who's doing the NT design, or if they've told us. My impression was that it was KEI, since Wat mentioned it has been 13 years since KEI made the original.

Edit 2: Mm, the more I look at it, the more she looks a lot like V4X. Still, the difference in the blazer and thicker tails really makes a different impression, doesn't it?

Last edited:

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
You know, I'm going to preface this by saying this is almost completely baseless and is literally something that JUST occurred to me offhand...but what if Miku NT's new design looks something like this?

This is from a new collab between ESP guitars and CFM. Notice how closely it follows the more synthy details in the design (like the inclusion of the Soft <-> Power markings on the left legging), as opposed to more real-world/stylized variations like for Miku Symphony or Racing Miku. (Granted, that makes sense for use by a music instrument company.) Notice also that this clearly isn't just based on Miku's classic V2 design--the translucent ruffles at the shoulder and skirt hem are newer, the Vocaloid chest decal has been replaced with something like V4's color bar, and she has V4's hair ties. But this design also harkens back to V2/V3 also, with the return of the gray blazer, and the thicker twintails. There are brand-new elements, too--I don't remember her blazer lapels having that lighter edging before, and AFAIK, those rounded sleeve cuffs are a first.

Having said that, I can't believe they'd let the NT design get leaked this way, although the release of that info...will hopefully be soon (I hope). And product collabs basically NEVER use an actual official design, as far as I've seen. But having thought it through this far...well, it's an interesting thought, anyway. It'd be cool if she did end up looking like this. It might go along with what Wat said about trying to make a design that was both new and harkened back to what was key about previous incarnations, while also being clean.

Edit: Plus, this illustration is by iXima, and I'm not entirely clear on who's doing the NT design, or if they've told us. My impression was that it was KEI, since Wat mentioned it has been 13 years since KEI made the original.
I was just about a drop a post on the Vocamerch thread about that design possibly being the final NT design. It certainly looks like something I'd expect for the final design, since it takes cues from all the official Miku designs we've seen over the years.

Reactions: mobius017

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Hnn... I hope this’ll grow on me, if it’s her final design. Because it just looks so... haphazardous. I get what they were going for, but it just looks like a few elements from her V4 were slapped onto her OG outfit. The colors feel too muddied and it just looks overall uncomfortable.

Honestly, I was hoping her NT design would be similar to her Project Sekai design. I think that one did a much better job of blending elements from all of her previous designs into one seamless, cohesive whole.

lIlI

Staff member
Apr 6, 2018
The Lightning Strike
That's my favourite iXima Miku so far, it would be cool if she looked something like that! The only nitpick I have is that her shoulder pads seem a bit random, also #BringBackV2HairSquares2020. I love how dramatic her hair is, her more confident stance, how she looks slightly less like a malnourished Victorian child, etc.
(Still praying for Miku that she may some day get a skirt long enough to sit down in without a wardrobe malfunction, stay strong girl :xinhua_winter_lili:)

I don't think this is a fully leaked NT outfit, because Wat's tweet's suggested a bigger change from previous designs.

Last edited:

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
I love how dramatic her hair is, her more confident stance, how she looks slightly less like a malnourished Victorian child, etc.
Agreed. I didn't mention it because I figured her expression could change, so it wasn't really "built-in" to the design, maybe, but I'm a fan of her face in this art, too--it looks so much more determined and mature. 'Course, while you're promoting guitars and doing rocker stuff, you're probably not going to be super-bubbly right then.

I don't think this is a fully leaked NT outfit, because Wat's tweet's suggested a bigger change from previous designs.
That's a good point, too.

Orahi_kernel

New Fan
Jun 4, 2020
This isn't the leaked design that's for sure, it's just v4x's one but with three main changes: proportions, hair density and a minor change on her clothes (only one, they've changed Miku's shirt from pure white to metalish grey). As @lIlI said, wat confirmed that it would be a different design compared to what she has worn all these years ((and we'll get confirmation in around 17 hours)).
Illustration.png
Above: promotional on the left, v4x on the right, scaled comparing head sizes.

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
The teaser on Miku NT also has round hair ties.
hair.png

Honestly, I'm not a big fan of Miku having so much volume at the base of her pigtail instead of at the bottom. Her hair is so tall in that ESP collab pic and even for the NT teaser, you can see there is a lot of hair at the base. For the ESP picture, her hair is also thick/bulbous in the middle, but then tapers out into thin strands. I'm used to Miku having "spoon" hair that gets thick at the bottom and isn't so straight/hanging down from gravity like real girl hair. Her fakey spoon hair seems more iconic and flowy, and defies gravity.

hair2.png

Edit: By spoon hair, I mean like that viral video:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)